Designer's Tip: To create a subtle patterned background, I used the "second generation" stamping technique. Ink the stamp and stamp off on scrap paper, then stamp a second time on the page for a "ghosted" image.
Fonts: "Amperzand" 14pt & "Handwriting – Dakota" 12pt
- Background: Use the floral frame page as your background. Use the watercolor pencils dry to color in the designs, then brush over them with a damp paintbrush (that comes with the pencil sets). Use the following colors (see the end of the pencil for color code). Flowers: Reds- 119, 125, 124, 121 (yellow- 104 from Greens set). Dot border: 126. Leaves: Greens- 163, 166, 104, 168. Scallop page border & tag: 151.
- Place a large round flower stamp on an acrylic block and ink up with Sour Apple Fluid Chalk Ink. Stamp off once onto scrap paper, then quickly stamp onto the center background of the page. Repeat all over (spacing flowers about 1/2" apart) for a continuous background, masking off the embellished areas with a separate piece of scrap paper.
- Photos: Use the Corner Chomper to round the corners of two 4" x 6" photos. Mat both on dark green cardstock with a 1/16" border and round corners. Mat again onto light green cardstock with a 1/8" border and round corners again. Glue one photo 3" from the left and 1 1/2" from the top. Glue the other photo 1 1/4" from the bottom and the left.
- Journaling: Cut out the floral label from the Labels & Borders sheet. Color the label with the same colors as the other flowers and paint over with a a damp brush. Let dry. Print a small narrow paragraph of journaling onto a regular sheet of paper. Align the label vertically over the printed paragraph with the flower on the left side, making sure it fits. Tape onto the paper and run through the printer again, printing onto the tag. Foam tape the tag to the page overlapping the photos, 1 3/4" from the left and 4" from the bottom.
- Embellishing: Color in and cut out the flower on the Labels & Borders sheet. Foam tape to the top right corner of the upper photo. Cut 2 1/2" of 3/4" wide white dot ribbon. Cut a V in the left end. Glue to page to the left of the flower as shown using Zips or Zots. Do the same for the vertical ribbon under the flower as shown. Zot a small dot bow to the bottom left of the tag as shown.