Designer Tip: Make an extra die-cut with your cutting die and cut in strips for extra embellishments.
- First: Die cut two Fancy Lattice die-cuts from red cardstock.
- Card Front: Open your card and place face up on your cutting mat, with the fold running vertically. Cut a 3 1/4”x4” window from center front ONLY. Close your card, with the fold on the left and place a red lattice die-cut over the window, gluing edges to the front of the card only.
- Cut out along a Penelope rose print scallop edge, the length of the 12” paper. Cut a 1 1/2”x12” strip, measuring from the edge of the scallop for the width. Cut two 5” lengths of the strip and place on the upper and lower edges of the card. Again, cut out along a rose print scallop edge, the length of the 12” paper. Cut a 1”x12” strip, then cut two 6 1/2” lengths of the strip and place on the left and right edges of the card.
- Cut a 2 1/4”x1 3/8” piece of the other lattice die-cut. Mat on Penelope green check with a 1/16” border and glue centered on the lattice window. Place a “Happy Birthday” and two star Dazzles™ on a 2 1/8”x1/2” red cardstock and foam tape as shown. Cut out a small flower from the Penelope pink floral paper, mat on red cardstock then on Penelope pink dotted with 1/16” borders and foam tape as shown. Knot a 6” length of Penelope pink crepe ribbon and Zot™ as shown, trimming ends.
- For the inside: Cover with Penelope pink dotted. Place two 5”x 1 3/8” red cardstocks on the top and bottom edges, then two 5”x1 1/4” Penelope red/green floral strips as shown. Cut three 5/8” wide strips of the lattice die-cut and glue along the top and bottom. Place the “Make a Wish” and scroll Dazzles™ on a 2”x3/4” red cardstock rectangle. Mat on Penelope red/green floral with 1/8” border, then on red with 1/16” border and foam tape in the center. Cut out a flower cluster from the Penelope pink floral paper, mat on red then on Penelope pink dotted with 1/16” borders and foam tape over a 3” length of ribbon as shown.