Designer Tip: Add glitter to your Fancy Lattice die-cut and place different colors of patterned papers beneath it for a colorful and sparkly look! Zot™ elements over the glittered lattice by placing Zots™ adhesive dots in the un-glittered spaces between the lattice, then add embellishments. To remove paper easily from your cutting die, place waxed paper over the die before placing the paper on top. Use an awl or X-acto® knife to poke through the holes in the back of the die to loosen the paper and waxed paper. The paper will slide off easily!
- Card front: Trim a blank card to a 5” square and place with the fold on top. Cover the card front with Happy Days green textured paper. Cut a 3 7/8”x4 3/8” Happy Days orange circles paper. Cut a 3 7/8”x2 3/16” Happy Days blue textured paper and glue even with the bottom edge of the orange circles paper. Mat on Happy Days red textured paper with 1/8” borders. Glue centered to the card front. Glue red rick rack down the left side of the card, trimming edges evenly.
- Die cut a Fancy Lattice shape from light Happy Days blue textured paper. Place the die-cut on scrap paper and use the glue pad to apply an even coat of glue over the die-cut. Sprinkle light blue glitter over the die-cut. Place a second piece of scrap paper over the glittered die-cut and press to adhere the glitter. Shake off the excess glitter and funnel it back into the container. Let dry. Glue the glittered die-cut centered on the orange/blue matted paper on the card front.
- Cut out a 5” length of Happy Days yellow/orange/red/white zigzag striped paper. Cut along the zigzag section and place centered across the card front. Foam tape the ends to the card front. Trim edges evenly with the card.
- Use the template to cut Lindy Layer #3 Bodacious Blooms from Happy Days red textured paper. Use your fingers to curve the inner petals. Then create a Debra Layer #4 from Happy Days light blue textured paper. Apply a layer of glue to the blue flower and sprinkle with glitter. Press glitter in place. Shake off the excess and funnel it back into the container. Scrape a small area of glitter from the center of the flower. Let the flower dry. Foam tape the glittered flower centered onto the red flower. Punch a yellow patterned paper circle and foam tape centered to the open area at the center of the light blue glittered flower.
- Finish the front: Write or computer print “Hi there!” on white cardstock. Trim to a small tag shape and mat on Happy Days green textured paper with 1/16” borders. Zot™ the tag angled near the red flower as shown. Tie a knot in a 3” length of 1/2" wide Happy Days green grosgrain ribbon and Zot™ to the left side of the card as shown. Place Teal jewel Dazzles™ on the flower petals, center, and centered inside the top row of spaces between the glittered lattice.
- Inside: Die cut a second Fancy Lattice shape from Happy Days light blue textured paper. Trim a 3 7/8”x2 3/4" section from the top of the die-cut. Glitter the die-cut as you did in step 2, and let dry. Cut a 3 7/8”x2 3/4" light Happy Days blue textured paper and glue the glittered die-cut even with the edges. Mat on Happy Days red textured paper with 1/8” borders. Glue centered to the inside, 1” from the top. Cut out a 5” length of zigzag paper as you did for the front. Back the yellow edge with Happy Days green textured paper and glue across the bottom of the glittered die-cut, 1/4” from the bottom.
- Create a Debra Layer #4 flower from Happy Days red textured paper. Punch a Happy Days yellow circle and glue centered on the red flower. Write or computer print “So glad we’re friends.” on white cardstock. Trim into a small tag shape and mat on Happy Days green textured paper with 1/16” borders. Zot™ the tag angled over the glittered die-cut. Zot™ the flower over the end of the tag. Zot™ knotted Happy Days green ribbon to the zigzag paper. Place a Teal Jewel Dazzles™ sticker on the flower center as shown.