Designer Tip: Use one or two small pieces of clear tape to anchor your cutting-die to the cutting platform when you are cutting a shape within a shape, so the cutting-dies won’t shift.
- Card Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover with black cardstock. Mat a 4 3/8”x5 7/8” Noted tan/red text paper on black with a 1/16” border then on gold with a 1/8” border. Glue centered on the card. Use the die-cutting machine to create a large frame and a small scroll frame die-cut from metallic gold paper. Save the small scroll pieces for embellishments.
- Lightly trace the opening of the large gold frame die-cut over Noted stripe/butterfly paper, keeping butterfly row 1” from the top of the opening. Remove the frame, cut 1/8” outside of the traced area and use to back the large frame. Mat the frame on suede with a 1/16” border. Foam tape 1/8” from upper edge of the text paper.
- Mat the small gold scroll frame die-cut on suede and cut out 1/16” from the outer edges. Foam tape over lower edge of the large frame. Mat the “happy thoughts” Dazzles™ on suede with a 1/16” border around and place above and below the small butterfly row.
- Back two small butterfly Dazzles™ with suede and fold up the wings. Foam tape the bodies over the scroll frame and Zot™ the saved gold scrolls under the head as “antennae”. Repeat for a “half” butterfly and place as shown. Foam tape tiny butterfly Dazzles™ around frames, and use Dazzles™ innies dots around edges of the frames.
- For the inside: Tape the medium frame cutting die to cutting platform and tape the scroll frame and scallop frame nested within, creating medium, straight-edged, scroll and scallop frames. Die cut metallic gold paper (save the scroll frame for another project). Mat the medium frame on suede with a 1/16” border, then on Noted tan text paper with a 1/2” border. Place 1/4” from upper left corner.
- Write or computer print “Cheery days!” on Noted tan texture paper and use to back the straight-edged frame, keeping the sentiment on the left. Foam tape as shown. Back the scallop frame with artwork from the Noted striped paper and foam tape as shown. Create a “half” suede butterfly (as in step 4) and foam tape as shown. Place small butterfly Dazzles™ around frames.