- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top and trim it to 5" square. Cover the front with a piece of the yellow border paper, positioning the striped border along the lower edge. Cut a piece of the candles border art to fit along the upper edge and glue it in place.
- Cut out two of the candles from the pink gingham paper and glue them above the rickrack border at the lower right as shown. Cut a 5" length of the felt balloons border and adhere it over the upper edge of the rickrack, slightly overlapping the candles.
- Cut out the yellow candle tag, the "magical birthday wishes" tag, and the "to you" circle art. Glue them together, positioned as shown. Cut a felt present off the border and glue it to the "magical" tag. Fold a 2" length of peach ribbon in half and glue the ends to the upper back of the tags. Attach a red gingham brad to the tags, then glue them to the card front, positioned at the center of the candles border.
- For the inside front: Cut a 5" x 2¾" piece of the yellow circles paper and add ½" wide mats to the long edges using the pink textured paper. Trim the mats with the scalloping scissors. Cut out the "color outside the lines" quote sections and mat each one on pink textured paper. Glue the first two sections to the circles piece, angled as shown. Add a large red brad to each piece and a pair of felt balloons at the top of the first section, all positioned as shown. Glue the constructed piece centered on the inside front.
- For the inside back: Cut a piece of the yellow border paper to fit the inside back, positioning the border along the right edge, but don't glue it yet. Cut out the "blow out your candles…" tag and mat it on pink. Glue it and the third section of the quote to the border piece, positioned as shown. Add the "giggle" Brad Buddy, the large red brad, and the gingham brad as shown, then adhere a pair of felt balloons to the upper left corner of the tag. Glue the constructed piece to the inside back.