- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left. Cut a piece of the lavender paper with the striped border to fit the front, but don't use the border area (save that for step 5). Ink the edges and glue it to the card front.
- Cut a 4¾" x 6¼" piece of the yellow stars paper and ink the edges. Use the patterns to cut three strips for the front. The top strip is cut from the lavender border paper (again, avoiding the border), the center strip is from the blue stars paper, and the bottom strip is from the purple striped paper. Trim the lower edge of the top strip and the upper edge of the bottom strip with the scalloping scissors. Ink all the edges, then glue them to the yellow stars piece, positioned as shown.
- Cut the lavender "Happy Birthday" ribbon in half, cutting between two greetings. Position one ribbon length across the upper strip, making sure a greeting lies near the left end. Knot the right end onto one D-ring, then glue the ribbon in place, securing the end at the back. Attach the D-ring to the right end of the strip with a dark blue brad. Repeat this process on the bottom strip, but wrapping the right end to the back and attaching the D-ring to the left end of the lower strip.
- Glue a dark purple ribbon across the upper edge of the center strip, then add two turn mounts over the left end, attaching them with blue brads. Glue the "Happy Birthday" soft tag below the upper D-ring and secure it with a blue brad. Glue the constructed front centered on the lavender card front.
- For the inside: Cut a 5" square of the purple stripes paper and ink the edges. Cut the striped border from the lavender piece to 1½" wide, but don't trim the length yet. Trim the right long edge with the scalloping scissors, then ink the side edges. Glue the border along the left edge of the stripes piece, allowing the ends to extend above and below the square.
- Cut out the "play a little" quote in three sections and ink the edges. Position them on the square and border and glue in place. Add a large blue square brad to the top and bottom sections and a turn mount to the center section, all positioned as shown. Glue the constructed sentiment to the inside back, positioning the border along the fold and the right edge of the stripes piece along the right edge of the card.