- For the box top: Ink the ends, sides, and corners of the box top. Measure each panel and cut individual pieces of the blue stripes paper to cover the sides, bottom, and top. Ink the edges and glue them in place.
- Cut out the "age" percentage tag and the small birthday cake art and glue them to the bottom, positioned as shown. Cut out the "celebrate" art and glue it to the top. Cut out "happy day!" from the Vinyl Word Blocks and use vellum glue to attach it to the top, angled upward from the top left corner as shown. Wrap the lid with blue rickrack and knot it on the lid near the left end as shown.
- For the box: Measure the ends of the box and cut a piece of the striped paper to cover each end. Ink the edges and glue them in place.
- For the accordion card: Cut a 2 3/8" x 8" piece of cardstock. Beginning at the left end, score it every 1 3/8" across the strip. Accordion fold on the score lines, creating 6 panels. One panel will be shorter than the others and it will become the section that's glued to the box inside bottom. Ink all the edges and the folds. Cut out four 1¼" x 2 1/8" pieces of the blue stripes paper and ink the edges.
- Panel #1: Cut out the "friends are the best gift…" art and glue it to one of the stripes piece, angled near the upper edge. Cut out the small green/lavender present, trimming it to fit behind the square frame brad. Glue it in place, then attach the brad to the stripes piece, angled near the bottom and right edges. Glue the stripes piece to the first panel.
- Panel #2: Glue a stripes piece centered on the panel, then cut out and glue the yellow "birthday" percentage tag to it, angled as shown.
- Panel #3: Glue a stripes piece centered on the panel. Cut out the "cake & ice cream" and "party time" art and glue them to the third panel, positioned as shown.
- Panel #4: Glue a stripes piece centered on the panel. Cut out the "make a wish" and "age is just a number" art and glue them to the fourth panel, positioned as shown.
- Panel #5: Cut out the "who's counting" tag, then trim it to 1 3/8" x 2 1/16". Glue it centered on the fifth panel. Glue the sixth panel to the box inside bottom, positioned so, when folded, the card fits inside the box and accordions outward. Tuck the card into the box and slide the lid over it.