- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top and cover the front with teal cardstock. Cut a 6¼" x 4¾" piece of the black calendar paper, positioning the colored border at the top. Don't glue it yet.
- Cut out a blank calendar and the appropriate month. Glue the month at the top of the calendar and write the dates in the blank squares. Circle the birthday several times. Mat the calendar on teal cardstock, ink the edges, and glue it to the black piece, angled in the center as shown. Add a black plaid brad on each side of the month.
- Cover the chipboard arrow with teal calendar paper and ink the edges. Cut "happy" and the "birthday" cake from the vinyl word block sheet and use vellum glue to attach them to the arrow as shown. Glue the arrow so it points to the circled date. Knot a 2½" piece of black ribbon and glue it to the arrow.
- Cut out "it's your day" and "birthdays are good for you" from the vinyl word blocks. Back "it's your day" with teal calendar paper. Glue "birthdays are…" to a month section of the lime calendar paper. Ink the edges and glue them to the black piece, overlapping the calendar as shown. Add a lime brad to the "birthdays…" piece. Glue the constructed front centered on the teal card front.
- For the inside: Cut a 6½" x 2¾" piece of the black squares section of paper and mat the long edges with teal cardstock. Glue it centered on the inside back. Cut out a 4-month section of the lime calendar paper and ink the edges. Cut apart the long birthday definition and glue the sections to the lime piece in a zigzag pattern. Add three lime brads where the pieces meet. Glue the section to the inside back as shown.
- Cut out the "time for cake" art and the "birthdays are the best…" tag. Mat the tag on teal cardstock, then glue the cake art to the tag, extending off the right edge. Fold a 3" black ribbon length and glue it to the tag at the upper back. Add a black plaid brad to the tag, then glue it to the inside back as shown.