- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left and cut a piece of black to fit the front, but don't glue it yet. Cut a 4¾" x 6¼" piece of the red/black Mickey paper and glue it centered on the black piece.
- Cut a 3½" x 4½" piece of the partying Mickey paper and mat the sides and bottom with black. Glue it to the red/black piece, aligning the upper edges. Cut out the "Happy Birthday!" greeting and mat it on black. Glue it across the card front, 1¼" from the upper edge, then add a blue brad to each end as shown.
- Paper-piece the 2½" Mickey Dazzles, adding appropriate colored papers behind the sections. (Do the mouth and eyes first, before adding the flesh face.) Cut away the excess. Glue Mickey to the front at the lower left. Add "laugh" and "giggle," along with five stars, to the lower right corner.
- For the inside: Cut a piece of the black/multi-colored Mickey border paper to 3¼" x 5½", including three of the Disney characters. Glue it to the inside back, aligning the right edges. Cut a 3¼" x 2" piece of the blue stars paper and mat it on black. Punch out the tag and adhere "make a wish" to it. Glue the tag to the stars piece, then add a lime brad to it. Glue the stars piece to the inside back, positioned as shown.
- Paper-piece a Mickey balloon on red and the hand on white. Glue the balloon to the upper left corner and the hand to the lower left corner of the stars piece. Add Mickey corner Dazzles just outside the left upper and lower corners of the black piece.