- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left. Cut a 4 7/8" x 6 3/8" piece of the yellow border paper, positioning the border along the left edge. Adhere the yellow and blue "happy birthday" sticker to the piece, positioned as shown.
- Cut out the following word art pieces and mat each on white: "birthday party," "hooray," "celebrate," "good times," and "let's party." Place the pieces along the border until you like how they look, then mark where you'll need to cut so you can insert the left end of each piece behind the rickrack border. Use the knife to make the short cuts, following the right edge of the rickrack. Slip each word in place and glue to secure.
- Attach a mini brad to the right end of each word art piece. Hold a 5" length each of the lime fiber and the lime/orange ladder fiber and knot them together in the center. Glue the knot to the top of the tag, then add an orange brad over the knot. Glue the constructed front to the blank card front.
- For the inside: Cut a 4½" x 2½" piece of the yellow area from the remainder of the border paper. Mat the long edges with the red circles paper, cutting the mats to ¼" wide. Cut the "wishing you a wonderful birthday…" clear acrylic quote to 3¾" x 2¼" and glue it to the yellow piece, just gluing along the left edge.
- Cut a 1" x 4" piece of the red/yellow stripes paper and glue it along the left edge of the sentiment piece. Wrap the ends to the back, then add three yellow brads to the center area. Glue the constructed sentiment to the inside back. Cut out the red candle and glue it to the lower right corner of the sentiment.