- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top and trim it to 6½" x 4". Cut a 6 3/8" x 3 7/8" piece of the blue/lime stripes.
- Cut a 3" x 3½" piece of the lime houndstooth paper and mat it on white. Glue it to the stripes, 3/8" from the left end. Cut out the "a true friend…" quote and mat it on orange. Glue it to the lime piece, positioned as shown. Cut a 1" x 3 7/8" piece of the blue dots paper and trim the right long edge with the scalloping scissors. Glue the strip to the striped piece, 1" from the left end.
- Cut a 5" blue grosgrain ribbon length and knot it 1½" from one end. Glue the ribbon over the edge of the scalloped strip, positioning the knot near the upper edge. Glue the ends at the back. Glue the constructed front centered on the blank card front.
- Cover the front of a circular slide mount with blue houndstooth paper. Cut out the coordinating "it's your day" art and glue it centered behind the opening in the slide mount. Knot a 2½" lime ribbon length and glue it across the upper right corner of the slide mount, securing the ends at the back. Glue the slide mount to the card front, positioned as shown. Add three nailheads along the bottom left edge of the slide mount and three more to the upper left corner of the matted lime piece.
- For the inside: Cut a 3¼" x 3½" piece of the lime houndstooth paper and glue it centered on the inside back. Cut a 5" x 2½" piece of the blue dots paper and mat it on white. Glue it centered across the lime piece. Cut out the "may your days…" quote and mat it on orange. Wrap a blue ribbon across the lower left corner, then glue the quote in place. Add three nailheads to the ribbon and three to the upper right corner of the lime piece.