- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left and trim it to 4½" x 5½". Cut a piece of the plaid to fit the front, positioning the dots border along the top, but don't glue it yet. Cut a 1 1/8" x 5½" piece of the stripes and glue it to the plaid piece, ¼" from the left edge.
- Cut the "friendship is something…" quote to 2¾" x 2½" and chalk the edges and largest words blue. Mat it on purple textured paper, then glue it to the plaid piece, positioned 1 1/8" from the top and ¾" from each side edge.
- Cut a stereo slide mount from the sheet of four and turn it with the turquoise side up. Cut a 5/8" x 2½" piece of the stripes and glue it along the wide edge of the slide mount, wrapping the ends to the back. Add three lime mini brads to the strip near the lower edge as shown.
- Cut a 7" length of lime fiber and insert it through the window in the slide mount. Position the center of the fiber around the left side of the window, then glue the slide mount in place. Wrap the fiber ends across the plaid piece and glue them in place, securing the ends at the back. Cut out the "friends" circle, add foam tape to the back, and adhere it in the center of the slide mount. Glue the constructed front to the blank card front.
- For the inside: Cut a 4 3/8" x 3½" piece of the purple border paper, positioning the border along the left edge. Cut the "I cherish…" quote to 2½" x 1¾" and chalk the edges and "good times" with blue. Mat it on teal textured paper, then glue it to the purple border piece. Cut out the "laughter" and "friendship" vinyl pieces and use lime mini brads to attach them to the sentiment as shown. Glue the constructed sentiment to the inside back.