- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left and trim it to 4½" x 6". Cut a piece of the red/yellow striped paper to fit the front, including 1/8" of the red check pattern along the left edge. Glue it to the blank card front.
- Adhere the plate of cupcakes to red checks paper and cut it out. Cut out a 2 5/8" square of yellow and mat it on black. Glue the cupcake plate centered on the yellow, then adhere a cherry on each side. Mat the piece on blue checks, then on red glimmer paper, varying the mat widths as shown. Glue the piece to the card front, positioned ½" from the upper edge.
- Adhere "hey cupcake!" centered below the matted focal, then adhere a cherry and a strawberry near the lower right corner.
- For the inside: Cut a 3¼" x 4½" piece of the red checks and glue it to the inside back, 1/8" from the right edge. Cut a 1 1/8" x 6½" piece of the stripes and glue it to the inside back, positioned along the fold. Adhere a 6½" length of the Dazzles border along the right edge of the piece.
- Adhere the cupcake with the candle to the blue checks paper and cut it out. Glue it to the red checks piece and adhere "celebrate" below it. Add a candle on each side of "celebrate." Cut out the "Happy" and "Birthday" word art and mat each on yellow. Glue them above the candle as shown.