- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top and trim it to 6½" x 4". Open the card and trim off 1¾" from the right end, trimming along the fold at the top.
- Cut a piece of the yellow border paper to fit the front and glue it in place, positioning the border along the fold at the top. Punch out the letters for "mom" from the book, then trim off the white edges. Glue them to the front, positioned as shown.
- Print "you're the star!" in black on yellow paper and cut it to 2" x 3/8". Glue it to the purple folder tab then glue the tab to the front at the lower right. Add a 5mm crystal on each end of the tab. Add 3mm crystals to three of the stars in the border at the top.
- For the inside: Cut a piece of the coordinating tiles paper to cover the inside back, but don't glue it yet. Tuck it in place and close the card. Position the star Brad Buddy so the two tips on the left overlap the right front card edge and mark where the brads will be inserted. Open the card and attach the star to the tiles piece with the brads. Glue the tiles piece in place on the inside back.
- Print "happy Mother's Day" in black on yellow and cut it to 2¼" x 2". Glue it to a 3 1/8" x 3¼" piece of purple stars paper, then mat that on black. Glue it to the inside back so it's hidden when the card is closed. Cut out two purple star tiles and glue them overlapping the sentiment as shown. Add a 3mm crystal to the center of each star.