- For the card front: Turn a 5" x 6½" card with the fold at the top. Cut a piece of the paisley paper to fit the front, positioning it so 1¼" of the solid blue is included along the lower edge. Place the piece on the cutting mat and use the craft knife to cut a 4¾" long slit centered along the upper edge of the striped border section.
- Punch out the silver letters for "dad" from the book and cut off the white edges. Mat each letter on light blue, then glue them to the front, positioned as shown with the lower edges tucked in the slit.
- Insert a blue brad in the ribbon section of the border near the right end. Apply the paisley rub-on to it. Glue the constructed front to the blank card front. Cut out the "wisdom" and "trust" gold tags and glue them to extend from under the brad. Knot a 3" piece of the blue sheer ribbon and glue it just left of the brad.
- For the inside: cut a 6½" x 2¼" piece of the paisley paper and glue it centered across the inside back. Cut out the tag. Fold a 3½" piece of the ribbon and glue it at the top of the tag. Add a great big blue brad over the ribbon, then apply the second paisley rub-on to the brad. Cut out the blank dark blue label and glue the tag and label to the inside back as shown.
- Print the sentiment in black on white and cut out the pieces. Mat both pieces on light blue, then glue the "Hope your day…"section to the tag and "Happy Father's Day" to the label as shown.