Designer’s Tip: When stamping the doll image on papers for paper piecing, you only need to stamp the parts of the image you will be using for that paper piece, not the whole stamp.
- Card Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover with Noted text stripe paper, leaving the left side unglued. Ink edges brown, then distress with the sanding block.
- Ink, then sand the edges of a 2 3/4”x4 3/4” tag paper. Glue 5/8” from the left edge, curling up the corners. Tie three knots in an 8” length of White Truffle ivory crepe ribbon, 1 1/2” inches apart and anchor under the left side of the stripe paper, as shown. Zot™ in place, trim end in a “v” and place two crystals as shown. Glue the front left panel to the card.
- Stamp the sentiment on a 2”x1 1/2” tag paper, ink and sand the edges, mat on Noted red paper with a 1/16” border, sand the edges and glue as shown.
- Stamp the doll image twice on tag paper and cut out one image. Cut out another arm and head image and foam tape over the first image. Stamp the doll once each on Noted butterfly text paper (for skirt), Noted brown text paper (for dress top), Noted white scroll border paper (for hair) and Noted red paper (for shoes). Cut out the hair, dress top and skirt and foam tape in place. Cut out the shoes and glue in place. Glue the finished piece in place, as shown and Zot™ a small knot of 1/4” ivory ribbon on her hair.
- For the inside: Cover with Noted text/white scroll border paper and ink the edges. Stamp the top half of the doll on the lower right corner.
- Stamp the sentiment on a 1 1/2” square of tag paper, ink, sand and mat on distressed Noted red paper with 1/8” borders, and foam tape in the center. Zot™ a knot of ivory crepe as shown