Designer’s Tip: Emboss the “bow” border stamp on colored cardstock, then cut out individual bows for added embellishments. Emboss opposite edges of text tags with different embossing powers to frame an important word.
- Start with Penelope green/red square motif paper as your background. Heavily sand and distress the edges of 11”x11” Penelope red dot paper and glue in the center. Glue a length of Penelope pink crepe ribbon across the center of your page, gluing ends to the back.
- Stamp and emboss the bow border image in white, three times, on red cardstock. Cut out the borders, staying close to the stamped images and glue two on the ribbon center, even with the page edges.
- Mat a 2 3/4”x4 1/4” photo on red with a 1/16” border. Cut a 2” length of the embossed bow border, glue at an angle on the upper right photo corner as shown, and trim to fit. Foam tape on center, 4 1/2” from the bottom.
- Use VersaMark™ to stamp the doll twice on white cardstock. Emboss one image in pink tinsel, and one in blue. Cut out the dolls with a 1/8” border all around (including the inner “arm area”) and distress the edges by sanding. Tie a length of plum ribbon around each doll waist and foam tape the dolls as shown, tucking one under the photo, and one over the lower right corner.
- Use the template to trace and cut out a daisy base from red cardstock, a 3-D dahlia from Penelope rose paper and a ruffled rose from rose paper. Follow the instructions to roll and glue the flowers, then glue in place, as shown. Cut out three leaves from red cardstock and Penelope green gingham, distress the edges and glue in place.
- Write or print “intelligent”, “vibrant”, “beautiful” and “Mom” on 1 3/4”x1” white cardstock strips. VersaMark™ the opposite corners and emboss with pink and blue tinsel. Foam tape in place, as shown.
- Cut 1/16” strips of white cardstock and use to “thread” several buttons. Zot™ the buttons around the upper photo corner and the red daisy. Cut out two embossed border bows and Zot™ in place on the daisy and the “Mom” label as shown.