Designer’s tip:When paper piecing with a stamped image, first stamp the image on the background. Stamp several more times on light colored patterned paper. Carefully cut out making sure to show the stamped lines. Align stamped images and glue or add foam tape to some portions for dimension.
- Place the card fold on the side. Glue a 5”x1 1/4” strip of green patterned paper at the bottom of the card. Punch a strip of blue gingham paper using to scallop edge punch. Cut to 5” x 1 1/4” and glue above the green. Glue 5”x3/4” lengths of yellow doily and pink floral papers above the scallop.
- Glue a length blue rick rack over the seam between the yellow and pink papers. Glue a length of “Cute as a button” twill across the top edge of the pink paper.
- Cover a chipboard button with blue gingham paper and push a pencil point through the front of the button to re-open the button holes and lightly sand the edges. Thread grid ribbon through the holes and knot at the top. Trim the ends and glue the button to the twill ribbon.
- Stamp the Pin Cushion stamp at the center of the white card, above the twill. Stamp the image again on green, blue gingham, strip and pink floral papers.
- Cut out the pieces as shown and reassemble over the stamped image on the card front. Apply blue chalk to the thread and brown to the spool stamp.
- Glue a 5” x1/2” piece of blue gingham to the top of the card front. Use the pen to make stitch lines as shown. Glue a length of rick rack along the bottom edge of the gingham paper border.
- Inside: Glue a 5”x1” length of blue gingham to the inside bottom edge of the card. Stamp “Sew Sweet” above the gingham border. Glue a length of rick rack across the paper border edge. Cover a square chipboard button with pink floral paper. Poke new holes and sand edges. Thread with grid ribbon and glue to the right side of the rick rack.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Pin Cushion Small Stamp (link)
- Sew Cute Paper Pack (link)
- Sew Cute Ribbon Set-mini blue rick rack and blue grid ribbon (link)
- Maya Road Button Mini Chipboard Set (link)
- Tonic Border System Tonic Edger Punch Scallop (link)
- Basic Chalk Set - Blue and brown chalks (link)
- StazOn® Timber Brown inkpad (link)
- 5”x61/2” blank white card (link)
- Fine tip black pen (link)
- Sanding block (link)