Designer's Tip: Cut around the inside edge of the gold frame of the “Lights, Camera, Action” die-cut, and frame the window on the card front with it. Gold Encrusted Jewels add rich texture and sparkle to the project.
- Card Front: Take the brown/gold tiles cardstock from the kit and trim it to a 8 1/2"x10” rectangle. Use the dull side of your knife blade to score halfway across the rectangle and fold it into a 8 1/2"x5” card. Place your card with the fold on the top. Cut a 1 1/2"x5” ivory/brown tiles cardstock and glue even with the right side of the card. Trim the gold foiled moustache border from the black/gray moustache cardstock. Foam tape the border overlapping the ivory/brown tiles cardstock, 1/2" from the right side.
- Mat the inner “Lights, Camera, Action” frame/art (from the “Men That Wear a Moustache...” sheet) on black crocodile specialty paper with 1/4" borders. Use Corner Chompers to round the corners. Ink the edges with the VersaMark™ pad, sprinkle with Aged Gold Embossing Powder, tap off the excess and set with the heat gun. Use your knife to cut out the rectangle from the center of the gold frame die-cut, cutting through both the die-cut and black crocodile specialty paper. Reserve the “Lights, Camera, Action” art for later.
- Position the matted frame on the card front, 3/8” from the top and 3/4" from the left side. Use a pencil to trace around the edge of the opening onto the brown/gold tiles cardstock. Remove the frame and open the card out flat onto your cutting mat. Use your ruler and knife to carefully cut on your pencil lines through the card front only. Glue the matted frame in place on the card front, surrounding the window opening. Punch out the large moustache die-cut (from the “Moustache you a question” sheet) and foam tape on the card front as shown.
- Stamp the pocket watch and “Time to Celebrate!” images on ivory cardstock with the VersaMark™ stamp pad. Sprinkle the images with Black Superfine embossing powder and tap off the excess. Heat to melt. Use the VersaMark™ pen on the circles, crown, and hands of the pocket watch design. Sprinkle with Aged Gold Embossing Powder and Pearl Champagne Embossing Powder. Tap off the excess and heat to melt. Sprinkle some of the gold embossed areas with Champagne Glass Glitter. Apply the heat gun from underneath the cardstock to heat set the glitter into the embossed areas. Trim around the edges of the pocket watch leaving a thin border. Foam tape to the right side of the card as shown.
- Place the Squared Tag C shape from the Tiny Tags & Little Labels Template centered on the stamped/embossed words. Trace the shape, remove the template, and cut out the tag. Ink the edges with the VersaMark™ pad, then emboss with Aged Gold Embossing Powder. Foam tape overlapping the left side of the matted frame as shown. Add Brown Jewel Dazzles™ to the frame, pocket watch, tag, and ivory/brown tiles cardstock.
- Card Inside: Cut a 8 1/2"x2 1/4" ivory/brown tiles cardstock and glue across the inside, 2 1/4" from the bottom. Cut a 8 1/2"x1 3/16” brown/gold tiles cardstock and glue even with the bottom edge of the ivory/brown tiles cardstock.
- Take the “Lights, Camera, Action” art rectangle and use the VersaMark™ pen on the details of the camera art. Sprinkle with Aged Gold Embossing Powder and heat to melt. Ink the edges with the VersaMark™ pad and emboss with Aged Gold Embossing Powder. Mat on Black Crocodile Specialty paper with 1/2" borders. Round the corners with the Corner Chompers. Heat emboss the edges with Aged Gold Embossing Powder as before. Glue on the inside, 1 1/2" from the bottom and 1” from the left side.
- Write or computer print “Have a Happy Father’s Day!” on ivory cardstock. Place the Squared Tag E shape from the template centered on the words. Trace the shape, remove the template, and cut out the tag. Ink the edges with the VersaMark™ pad and emboss with Aged Gold Embossing Powder. Glue the tag angled on the inside. Add Brown Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.