Designer’s Tip: To make the your bee and beehive symmetrical, cut one side first and then use that as your template for the other side.
- Card Front: Place your card with the fold on the left and cover with Happy Days yellow paper. Cut a 4" square of white cardstock and mat on brown cardstock with 1/8" borders. Foam tape to the center of the card, 3/8" from the top edge.
- Computer print or write "Bee Happy!" on 5"x1 1/4" white cardstock and mat the long edges on yellow cardstock with 1/8” borders. Foam tape to the card 1/2" from the bottom. Zot™ two 5" brown paper twine strips to the white cardstock as shown.
- Use the pattern to cut a beehive shape from white cardstock and cover with Zots™. Layer the shape with yellow paper twine and trim the edges. Cover a large Zot™ with a spiral of brown twine and Zot™ to the bottom of the hive. Foam tape to the card 1 1/8" from the top. Cut a 1/2" brown paper twine and Zot™ under the top center of the hive.
- Cut a 3" brown paper cording and slightly untwist it. Zot™ to the left edge of the center panel 3/8" from the top. Cut two 3/4" brown paper twine strips and Zot™ under the 3" brown paper twine to look like branches.
- Use the pattern to cut a bee body shape from white cardstock and Zot™ brown and yellow paper twine to it as shown and trim. Cut a 1 1/2" brown paper twine, fold in half and curve the ends. Zot™ beneath the bee to look like antennae. Cut a 2 1/4" white paper twine and unroll. Twist the ends and the middle and Zot™ under the bee to look like wings. Zot™ to the top left of the hive.
- Card Inside: Cut 1 1/8"x6 1/2" Happy Days yellow paper and mat the long edges on yellow cardstock with 1/8” borders. Glue to the card 3/8" from the fold. Stamp "It's YOUR day!" in the center of the card in Brown ink as shown.