Designer’s Tip: To create larger or smaller flowers, increase the length of the twine used to make the petals. Add more layers to create a more intricate flower and use only one layer for a simpler one.
- Cut a 12”x8” Penelope green paper and glue to Penelope pink rose background paper 1 3/4” from the top. Zots™ two 12” Penelope sheer green ribbons 1/8” from the edge of the green paper. Glue a 12”x6 1/2” scalloped paper to the center of the green paper.
- Cut a 12” pink paper twine and untwist completely. Fold in half, lengthwise and Zot™ the ends only 3 3/4” from the bottom. Cut a 12” green paper twine and slightly untwist. Zot™ the ends to the pink twine as shown.
- To create flower: Cut five 2” and five 1 1/2” pink twine strips and unroll completely. Twist each end to create petals. Place the five large petals on a large Zot™ to create your flower base. Add another Zot™ and place the five small petals on it. Cut two 3” green twine strips, unroll completely and twist the ends to create leaves. Zot™ behind the flower. Coil yellow twine on a large Zot™ and place on the center of the flower. Zot™ your flower to the green twine on the page as shown.
- Mat your three 3”x4” photos on white cardstock with 1/8” borders. Tuck the two outer photos under the pink twine and glue at a slight angle to the page as shown. Foam tape the middle photo in between them overlapping them both.
- Stamp “eat cake” on a 2”x4” white cardstock in dark pink ink 1/8” from the top edge. Stamp three candles in light pink ink 1/8” below sentiment. Ink the edges ink light pink ink. Place border Dazzles™ 1/8” below the candles and trim the excess. Zot™ green gingham Penelope ribbon 1/8” below the border Dazzles™. Tuck underneath the pink twine to the right of the photos and glue to the page as shown.
- Write or computer print your title in pink on a 4 1/2”x1 1/2” white cardstock. Cut a 1 1/2” green paper twine, untwist slightly and Zot™ 3/8” from the left edge. Tuck the title underneath the green sheer dotted ribbon and glue to the page 1/2” from the left edge and 1” from the top edge. Coil pink paper twine on a large Zot™ and place on the ribbon over the green paper twine as shown.
- Write or computer print the date in pink on a 2”x3/4” white cardstock, glue under the green paper twine 1 3/8” from the left edge and 7 1/4” from the top. Write or computer print your journaling on 1/2” white cardstock strips. Leave 1/2” cardstock at the beginning and end of your journaling. Leave 1/8” at the beginning and ends of the rest of your journaling strips. Glue to your layout underneath the flower as shown.
- Place small cupcake Dazzles™ at the end of your journaling, on the title and on the “Eat cake” image as shown. Place heart Dazzles™ on the title and on the beginning of your journaling as shown. Place groups of three dot Dazzles™ around your page as shown.