Designer’s Tip: Combine the Mini 8 and the Edge punch to create a large background “doily”.
- Start with red cardstock as your background. Use the Trellis Mini 8 Punch to punch the corners of a 12”x12” Picnic green floral paper. Using the Trellis 2 Edge Punch, align the punched edges with the color alignment guide and edge punch between the punched corners. Ink the edges with distress ink and glue on center.
- Cut two 2”x12” Picnic dotted paper strips and use the Doily 2 Edge Punch to punch both of the long edges. Ink the long edges. Cut four 1”x11” suede strips and punch one long edge of each strip. Cut each suede strip in half and use to mat the edges of the dotted strips, aligning the suede ends with the dotted strip ends (the photo will cover the center cut suede ends). Glue one strip vertically, 3” from the left edge of your page.
- Cut a 6”x8” Picnic red bandana paper and punch the corners and edges with the Trellis punches, as in step-1. Ink the edges and glue on the center of the doily strip. Glue the remaining doily strip on center horizontally.
- Cut a 13” piece of twine and unfurl completely. Twist the twine once, every 2” and glue across the center of the doily strip, gluing the ends under paper edges, as shown.
- Mat a 3 1/2”x5” photo on white with a 1/16” border, then on suede with a 1/8” border and foam tape centered on the “doily”.
- Cut six 6” lengths of twine and unfurl the centers, leaving a small twist at each end. Cut a 7” length of twine and tie around the bundle of six, then unfurl each side of the tied twine, leaving a twist at the ends. Fold the bundle of “petals” in half at the knot and Zot™ to the left of the photo, arranging the “petals” and Zotting™ in place as necessary.
- Journal a title on a 3”x1 3/4” white cardstock and doily punch the long edges. Ink the long edges and punch a hole in the left end. Thread a 6” length of twine through the hole and tie onto the border twine, as shown. Twist the twine around a pencil to curl.
- Journal on a 4”x2 1/2” white cardstock and doily punch the long edges. Ink the long edges and foam tape over the bottom edge of the photo.