Designer Tip: Score the centerline on each point first, then score in 1/2” increments on either side. Hot glue is perfect for holding the center together on the cardstock circle.
- Cut three pink floral papers in half (use 2 paper packs). Position the first piece horizontally and insert the top right corner into the punch. Press down. Flip the paper over to the white side (opposite end) and punch. Repeat for all pieces. Save the daisy-shaped punched pieces.
- Place a punched piece horizontally on a cutting mat and trim off excess paper from the sides. Use the backside of a blade along a metal edge ruler to score the centerline at the point of the punched shape. Score 1/2” to either side of the centerline and continue until the whole piece is scored. With the white side out, fold the piece in half on the center score line, making a mountain fold. Accordion-fold the rest of the scored lines. Repeat for each of the 6 pieces. Glue the pieces together on the white side of the last folded panel. Create a continuous ring of pleated paper.
- Heat up your glue gun. Punch a 1 1/4” circle of white cardstock. Gather the pleats in the center to form a flower with the white side up and hold down with your fingers. Squeeze a thick ring of glue around the edges of the cardstock circle, 1/8” in from the edge. While holding the pleated flower down, place the glue circle face down in the center. Press gently until glue hardens. Turn flower over.
- Using the 3D Flowers template, trace and cut out a Daisy Base from striped paper and a small flower from pink floral. Cut out a small flower center from blue gingham. Ink all edges. Glue the pink flower centered on the striped flower. Foam tape the blue gingham circle in the center. Glue the stacked flower to the center of the pleated flower with Zots™ adhesive dots or hot glue.
- Cut out 2 photos using the Daisy Base shape from the 3D Flowers template. Mat them on white cardstock, leaving a 1/8” border. Glue the first photo in the top left of the center flower and Glue the second photo in the bottom right.
- Cut out 3 blue gingham small flowers and ink the edges. Apply pink Jewel Dazzles to the centers and hot glue them around the photos. Apply pink Jewel Dazzles™ to 9 punched daisies on the white side and hot glue them scattered around the pleated flower.
- String 12” of yellow gingham ribbon through one of the holes at the top of the flower. Tie in a bow, leaving a loop for hanging.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Floral Burst Lucky 8 punch (link)
- 2 Sew Cute Paper Packs (link)
- Sew Cute Ribbon Set (link)
- Pink Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- 3D Flowers Template (link)
- Ruler (link)
- X-acto® knife (link)
- Cutting mat with 1/2” grid (link)
- Toffee Fluid Chalk ink pad (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- White cardstock (link)
- 1 1/4” circle punch (link)
- Hot glue gun (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- Cosmetic sponge