Designer Tip: Back a punched corner with contrasting paper and add to your card as an interesting shape or flap.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with burlap handwriting paper and ink the edges. Cut a 5”x3 3/4” piece of striped paper with the black/red scalloped strip across the top. Trim along the scallop, then ink the edges. Glue across the card front, 1/4" from the bottom.
- To create the punched corners, select both the outer cut and inner cut designs on the punch by pushing the button settings to “on”. Now place the plain red/plain fabric paper flush with the corner guide and punch. Flip the paper over and punch the adjacent corner. Repeat on two more corners of the sheet for 2 more punched corners. Remove the paper and set aside. Now change the selection for the inner cut to “off”, but leave the outer cut “on”. Repeat the same punching process to create 3 corners from cream/striped paper, with the outer cut only.
- Cut the 3 cream punched corners from the sheet and place one beneath a red corner, aligning the edges evenly so the cream paper shows through the design in the red corner. Glue the pieces together. Repeat for the remaining corners. Cut the corners from the sheet and ink the edges of each one black. Place one corner over the top of the card front, centered 3 5/8” from the top. Trim sides and top evenly with the card front. Ink the edges. Cut a 1/4" black/brown textured strip from striped paper and glue even with the top edge of the card.
- Stamp “Thinking of you” centered on the corner above the cut design. Glue a 5” length of black mini rick rack even with the bottom of the black/brown textured strip at the top, and another 5” piece 1/8” from the bottom edge. Use the 3-D Flowers Template to create a Full Rose from red/black dot paper/cream words paper. Ink the edges black and roll the rose as directed on the template. Trace and cut two large leaves from burlap handwriting paper and ink the edges. Zot the rose and leaves to the lower left side of the card front. Add knotted 1/8” wide black grosgrain ribbon to the red corner as shown.
- Cover the inside with burlap handwriting paper. Cut a 5”x2 3/4" piece of striped paper and glue even with the bottom edge. Ink the edges at top and bottom. Trim the straight side of each remaining red/cream corner so the corner is 3” deep from the point to the straight edge. Ink cut edges and glue even with the sides of the inside, overlapping the curved edges at the center. Glue a 6 1/2" length of black mini rick rack along the outer edges. Stamp “Sending Happy Thoughts” on cream paper with black ink. Trim to a rectangle and mat on black ledger paper with 1/16” borders. Glue centered over the overlapping red/cream punched corners. Tie a black 1/8” wide grosgrain bow and Zot near the word block as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Lace Kerchief Lucky 8 Punch (link)
- Noted Paper Pack (link)
- Vintage Roses Ribbons (link)
- 3-D Flowers Template (link)
- Heartfelt Greetings Stamps (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- 5”x6 1/2" blank white card (link)
- StazOn® Black ink pad (link)