Designer Tip: Punch a 12”x12” piece of patterned paper and fold to create a lacy pocket! It can hold a photo or large piece of journaling. Use a small portion of punched paper to edge a matted photo.
- Turn the black/gray/yellow/white background paper so the border is at the top. Mat a 5”x7” photo on black, with 1/16” borders. Mat again on yellow/white flourishes paper with 1/4” borders. Mat on gray, with 1/8” borders, then ink the edges black. Mat a 4 1/8”x3” photo on black with 1/16” borders. Mat again on yellow/white flourishes paper with 1/8” borders.
- To punch the paper for the folded pocket--select both the outer cut and inner cut designs on the punch by pushing the button settings to “on”. Place a sheet of yellow/gray vines paper flush with the corner guide and punch. Rotate the paper 90 degrees and punch again. Repeat for all remaining corners. Flip paper and repeat these 3 steps. Remove the punched paper and place white side up on your work surface.
- To fold the pocket--adjust the paper so there are 3 scallops centered at the top and bottom of the shape. Fold the bottom up, aligning it with the top of the design, then unfold. Fold the 3 scallops at each side in, 2” at widest point. Fold the bottom up again, then fold the front scalloped edge down 2” at the widest point. The pocket should be 7 1/2" wide. Glue sides together and glue front folded edge in place.
- Glue an 8 1/2" piece of white sheer ribbon across the front of the pocket, 7/8” from the bottom. Glue ends to the back to secure. Glue the pocket to the background paper, even with the bottom and 1/2” from the left edge. Cut a 7 1/2"x1/4” yellow/gray vines paper and mat on black with 1/16” borders. Glue even with the top front edge of the pocket. Place the 5”x7” matted photo inside the pocket.
- For the punched mat—place a sheet of yellow/white flourishes paper flush with the corner guide and punch. Now flip the paper and place the adjacent side of the paper flush with the corner guide and punch. Remove the paper. Place the punched piece beneath the small matted photo with a scallop centered below the bottom edge. Glue the matted photo in place and trim sides evenly with the yellow/white mat. Mat the photo plus scalloped edge on gray with 1/8” borders. Cut a 4 3/4"X1/4” yellow/gray vines paper and mat on black with 1/16” borders. Glue across the bottom of the photo as shown. Glue to the page, even with the right side and 1 1/2” from the top.
- Write or computer print journaling on pale yellow cardstock. Use the template to trace a lacey label shape around one piece of journaling. Cut out the shape and mat on black, then gray, with 1/16” borders on each. Ink the edges black and glue to the lower right portion of the page as shown.
- Trim remaining journaling into a rectangle. Mat on black, then gray, with 1/16” borders on each. Ink edges and foam tape centered over the white sheer ribbon on the front of the pocket. Tie a black crepe bow and Zot to left corner of the pocket. Zot knotted black ribbon at bottom of yellow/white punched matting.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Tatted Doily Lucky 8 Punch (link)
- Sunshine & Shadows Paper Pack (link)
- Silhouettes & Shadows Ribbons (link)
- Layered Labels Template (link)
- Solid black, solid pale yellow, and solid gray cardstocks (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Zots™ (link)
- StazOn® Black ink pad (link)
- Black pen or computer printer
- Font: Sudestada