Designer's Tip: After removing your die-cut from the lacy border cutting die, tap the cutting die against your table (or the inside edge of a wastebasket) to remove most of the remaining “innies” from the cutting die. The remaining pieces can be poked through with your X-acto® knife or awl.
- Front: Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the card with Robin’s Red blue/ivory flourishes paper, and sand the edges. Cut a 6 1/2"x3/4” Robin’s Red red/ivory dots paper and mat on Robin’s Red blue stripes paper. Sand the edges and glue across the card, 7/8” from the top. Cut a 6 1/2"x2 1/4" Robin’s Red red diamonds paper and sand the edges. Glue even with the bottom of the card.
- Use the Die cutting machine and both cutting dies to die cut one of each size border using Robin’s Red blue stripes paper (add a layer of wax paper between the cutting die and paper).
- Cut a 20” length of 1/4" wide red sheer ribbon. Place the wide border die-cut vertically and thread the ribbon through both curved openings at the top from back to front. Pull the ribbon so both ends are of equal length. Now bring the right end of the ribbon down to the next left curved opening and pull it through to the back. Bring the left end of the ribbon down to the next right curved opening and pull it through to the back. Pull the ribbon so it lays close to the die-cut but not too tight. Now bring each end forward through the next curved opening on the opposite side. Continue in this manner for the entire length of the die-cut. Overlap the ends at the bottom on the back, Zot™ in place and trim the as needed. Mat on Robin’s Red ivory flourishes paper leaving a thin border on the long sides. Glue centered on the Robin’s Red red diamonds paper on the card.
- Punch out the Robin’s Red ivory circle die-cut with blue dots border and glue centered on the red/ivory dots paper on the card. Place Dazzles™ “Best Wishes” centered on the circle. Punch out the small bird, hearts, and medallions die-cuts and sand the edges white. Layer with foam tape on the card as shown. Decorate the lacy border and Robin’s Red die-cuts with Red Jewel Dazzles™ as shown. Tie a red sheer ribbon bow and Zot™ near the ivory circle die-cut.
- Inside: Glue the narrow lacy border from blue stripes paper on Robin’s Red ivory flourishes paper. Trim edges to a thin border on the long sides. Mat on red diamonds paper with 1/16” borders. Glue centered on the inside, trimming edges evenly with the card. Cut a 3 1/2"x1 1/4" red diamonds paper and mat on Robin’s Red ivory flourishes paper with 1/16” borders. Mat on Robin’s Red blue/ivory flourishes paper with 1/4" borders, then again on red/ivory dots paper with 1/16” borders. Glue centered over the matted lacy border die-cut. Place Dazzles™ “Happy Birthday” centered on the red paper. Punch out a Robin’s Red blue swirl die-cut and glue overlapping the sentiment plaque. Glue a heart die-cut and Zot™ a knotted red sheer ribbon as shown. Decorate with Red Jewel Dazzles™.