Designer's Tip: Mica flakes from the Bronze Encrusted Jewels Kit create “chocolate sprinkles” for your cake!
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on your left. Cover with Stolen Moments brown stripe paper. Use VersaMark™ to stamp a border of candies 1/4” from the bottom edge, dust with Golden Sand embossing powder and use the heat gun to set. Apply tacky glue to the tops of the candies and place Tea Stained mica flakes on the glue. Let dry.
- TECHNIQUE: CHOCOLATE CAKE Follow your die cutting machine manufacturer’s instructions to cut one cake die-cut from Moka suede paper. Place the cutting die on the back of the gold ripple holographic paper, trace around the outer edge of the die and cut out along the traced line. Glue the suede cake onto the front of the cutout, with a 1/16” border. Swipe the top edge and corners of the matted cake with VersaMark™, dust with Golden Sand embossing powder and heat set. Apply tacky glue to the tops of the cake layers and place Tea Stained mica flakes on the glue. Let dry. Foam tape 1/8” from the left and bottom edges.
- Stamp and emboss “Chocolate doesn’t ask…” in Vintage Mahogany embossing tinsel on Stolen Moments ivory flourish paper. Use the oval from the small label template to trace around the greeting and cut out. Ink the edges with VersaMark™ and emboss with embossing tinsel. Mat on suede with a 1/16” border and punch holes on the right and left. Thread ribbon up through the holes and tie knots on top. Foam tape the label on the upper right, as shown, tucking the ribbon ends under the edges of the paper.
- Card inside: Journal “I’m here for you… and I have chocolate!” on Stolen Moments ivory flourish paper. Use the template oval to create a label around the journaling, embossing the edges and matting as in Step
- Glue 1” from the top edge. Stamp and emboss a chocolate in Golden Sand embossing powder on suede paper, cut out the image and glue mica flakes on top. Let dry. Foam tape as shown. Zot™ on a knot of ribbon at the label top.