Designer Tip: The suede paper looks fabulous when embossed with an embossing folder. The roses are simple to make with the Rosebud Maker cutting dies. You can also stamp on suede; it gives a softer image. I used Liquid Pearls on the inside just on the raised dots of the design.
- Place your card with the fold at the top. Trim your card to 5 3/4”x4 1/2”. Cover with pink floral paper from the Sew Cute papers.
- Cut a 5 3/4”x4 1/2” piece of snow suede paper and place it in the embossing folder with the fuzzy side facing the foam parts of the folder. Close the folder and place it on the light gray cutting platform from the Epic tool. Place the thin flexible cutting mat on top of the folder and run the “sandwich” through the Epic tool. Remove the embossed piece from the folder and take out the cut out pieces of the design. Trim off the edges that didn’t get embossed, ending with a 5 1/2”x4 1/4” rectangle. Glue the piece centered to the card with the embossed flourish in the bottom left corner.
- For the flowers: For each flower, cut 3 consecutive flower shapes from pink or white suede paper using the Rosebud Maker dies. Cut a slit between 2 petals into the center on the largest shape. Cut 1 petal out of the middle shape and cut 2 petals out of the smallest shape. On the largest shape, overlap the petals on either side of the cut and place a small piece of tape on the back to hold it together. Do the same to the middle and smallest flowers. Thread a needle with 12” of thread and poke through the bottom of the largest flower, then the medium and small flowers. String on a pink bead and go back through the layers. Tie a knot and trim the ends to 1/2”. Tape the ends to the back of the flower. Do the same for each flower.
- Use the vintage label punch to punch an outer shape from pink suede. Punch an inner label shape from white cardstock and stamp “love” with Rouge ink in the center. Glue to the center of the pink suede shape, then glue to card 1” from the top and 1 1/4” from the right.
- Glue a pink and white flower to the top right corner of the greeting with Tacky Glue. Glue three flowers in the bottom left corner as shown.
- For the inside: Repeat the same embossing process as the front, using pink suede this time. Glue to the center of the inside with the embossed flourish in the top right corner. Punch an outer label shape from white suede with the vintage label punch and stamp “happy wishes” in the center. Glue to card 1” from the left and 3/4” from the bottom. Apply liquid pearls in small dots on all the raised dots of the embossed design. Let dry overnight.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Suede papers: Azalea (link) & Snow (link)
- 6 1/2”x5” blank white card (link)
- Artful Collection Stamps (link)
- Sew Cute Paper Pack (link)
- Swirls Embossing Folder (link)
- Epic 6 tool (link)
- Rosebud Maker cutting dies (link)
- Natural Art-C™ beads set (link)
- Vintage Label Punch (link)
- Rouge Fluid Chalk ink pad (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- White Opal Liquid Pearls (link)
- Needle & white thread
- White cardstock (link)
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue (link)
- Clear tape