Designer Tip: It’s so easy to add bling to your projects—just use sparkly Dazzles™! For the party lanterns, a good tip is to trace two consecutive shapes instead of two separate shapes—that way you don’t have to glue them together twice. The way the ripples show on the lanterns depends on the direction you place the template on the paper—for the silver one I placed it diagonally on the paper. To glue all the tabs down, I used Zots™ adhesive dots, they’re great for the slick surfaces.
- Red Hexagonal lantern: Follow the template instructions to make a hexagonal lantern from red ripple paper. To glue the tabs down, use Zots™ adhesive dots. Punch 1/16” holes in the top on opposite sides. Use the template to cut a handle form blue ripple and punch a 1/16” hole in each end. Attach the handle to the holes in the top using silver mini brads. Embellish the sides of the hexagonal lantern with silver star Dazzles™
- Silver Lucky Lantern: Make a lucky lantern from silver ripple paper, making the handle with red ripple. Embellish the sides of the lantern with red fireworks Dazzles™, trimming them if needed.
- Blue Celebration Lantern: Make a celebration lantern from blue ripple paper with a silver handle. Embellish the sides with red fireworks Dazzles™ and small silver stars Dazzles™.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Holographic Ripple Papers: Red (link), Cobalt (link), Silver (link)
- Red Holographic Fireworks Dazzles™ (link)
- Silver Stars Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- Silver Round Mini Brads (link)
- Mini Party Lanterns Template (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- 1/16” hole punch (link)