Click to view a larger image
- Turn the green paper with floral border so the border is at the right side. Mat the square photo on pink textured paper leaving a 1/4" border, then glue to dark green cardstock, leaving 1 1/8" extra space at the left side. Mat again on white. Glue to the page, 1/2" from the top and 3/4" from the left edge. Ink the edges of a 1/2" wide striped paper strip and glue along the left edge of the mat.
- Mat the second photo on light pink textured paper leaving a 1/4" border. Mat again on white leaving a 1/16" border. Mat again on striped paper, leaving a 1/4" border at the top and bottom with the sides trimmed evenly. Ink edges of the striped paper.
- Place the swirl (the one without the star) over the center of the excess space on the green photo mat. Tape it in place with the stencil tape, then chalk the swirl with light silver cream chalk. Wipe off the stencil, and place the long swirl with dots (from the second swirl, with star) on the bottom edge of the mat just below the chalked swirl. Chalk the long swirl with dots. Repeat for the top portion of the mat.
- Computer print or journal by hand on the pink tag with the black pen, leaving about 1" of space at the bottom. Mat on white, leaving a 1/16" border. Cut a 2"x7/8" green cardstock rectangle and chalk a portion of a swirl (the one without the star) over the rectangle. Glue across the bottom of the tag. Place the page on your cutting surface. Use your knife to cut around the bottom of the prominent white flower near the center of the border. Just cut around it enough so the tag will slip beneath it, then glue the tag and flower petals in place.
- Use a glue dot to attach a white bow over the striped edge of the oversized mat. Glue ribbon across bottom of the second matted photo. Journal on pink/white label and glue centered over bottom edge of second matted photo. Add white mini brads to the chalked swirls on the oversized green mat and the tag as shown.