Designer Tip: To get the resist design on the canvas to show up, mist the canvas pretty heavily, then blot the design with a clean paper towel to lift off any excess color. If your canvas becomes floppy or wrinkled, wait until it dries completely, then glue it onto a cardstock sheet from the album kit.
- For the left page: Position your plain canvas page with the holes on the right. Use Timber Brown StazOn® to stamp flowers, butterflies, words, and borders on the page as shown.
- Stamp columns of words on the large brown textured tag with the holes on the right. Glue the tag to the page with the holes lined up with the bottom two holes.
- Ink the edges of a 3 1/4”x5” photo using brown StazOn® and a cosmetic sponge. Glue to page 1 1/2” from the right and 1 3/4” from the bottom. Zot™ a small brown gingham bow to the bottom right of the photo.
- Glue two layers of the Typeset Layered Flowers together and insert a silver brad through the center. Glue to the bottom left of the photo as shown. Stamp “You make me smile” on the top right corner of the photo.
- For the right page: Find the flourish floral resist canvas page by holding the canvas pages up to a light source (to reveal the designs). Place the page onto a protected work surface with the holes on the left. Mist the page with Terra Cotta Walnut Ink and Red Velvet Glimmer Mist. Blot with a paper towel to reveal the resist design. Add more mist if there are blank areas. Let dry completely (you can use a hair dryer or heat gun to accelerate drying time). Mount the page onto another cardstock page from the album kit to stiffen the page.
- Cut 4”x5 1/2” from one of the plain canvas pages and ink the edges with a cosmetic sponge and Timber Brown StazOn®. Sponge over the edges to get a textured shaded effect. Sand the edges of a 3”x4 1/2” photo, creating a white distressed edge. Glue to the center of the brown inked canvas, then glue to the center of the page.
- Create two layered flowers by gluing two layers of the papier tole together, then inserting a silver brad through the center. Glue a large one overlapping the top right corner of the photo. Glue the other flower overlapping the bottom left as shown.
- Cut 1 1/4”x2” of plain canvas and snip off the top two corners, creating a small tag shape. Punch a 1/8” hole in the top of the tag. Stamp “Bliss” and the large butterfly on the tag as shown. Tie a bow at the top of the tag with yellow grosgrain ribbon and Zot™ to the page just under the top right layered flower as shown.
Click to view large image