Designer Tip: After misting the patterned canvas pieces (album cover and page) with Glimmer Mists, I used a damp paper towel to wipe off excess ink from the pattern while still wet, for pretty contrast.
- Place the album covers on your protected work surface. Mist some areas of the patterned side of one cover with Patina, then add Meadow Green over some of the Patina plus some plain areas. Wipe off the patterned resist with a paper towel until the pattern is white again. Now add aquamarine to some areas, then a bit of leapfrog to a few areas. Wipe off the resist again. Add a little more Glimmer Mist until you are happy with the look of the cover, then let it dry. Repeat for the second cover.
- Mist the inside of each cover with Patina, Meadow Green, and Aquamarine mists and let dry. Mist a natural canvas sheet (both sides) with Aquamarine to cover a 4” square and a 2 3/4" square. Mist a separate area with Patina to cover a 3 1/2" square. Let the canvas dry.
- Use the template to trace a Full Rose on the 4” aquamarine square, and a Rosebud on the 2 3/4" square. Trace a Medium Rose on the 3 1/2" Patina square. Cut out the spirals. Starting with the outer edge, roll one spiral around a small paintbrush (or use the Petal Roller tool) handle keeping the bottom edge close together. When finished, pull the paintbrush out. Pull the base beneath the rolled rose and use glue dots to secure.
- Mist two remaining areas of the canvas sheet with Meadow Green for two large leaves and let dry. Use the template to trace two leaves onto the green canvas. Cut them out then pull the metal ball end of the petal roller across the underneath side of each leaf to curl it slightly (you can also use your thumbnail for a similar effect). Add a thin border sticker down the center of each leaf. Zot the leaves to the lower right portion of the front cover. Zot the roses in a cluster over the leaves as shown.
- Cut out some tags and a border from the Color Me Tags & Border sheet and several butterflies from the Color Me Butterflies sheet. Mist a large and small butterfly with Aquamarine, and another small butterfly and small tag with Meadow Green. Wipe off the white design with a paper towel and let the pieces dry. Write or computer print “photos” on the tag. Foam tape the butterflies to the cover as shown. Glue the tag near the roses. Tie a mint satin bow and Zot near the roses and tag.
- With the punched holes at the right, mist a watercolor paper sheet with Meadow Green and Patina, then let dry. Mist a piece of the double-sided cardstock with the same colors and let dry. Using a large tag as a template, cut the tag shape from tiny flowers and swirls resist canvas. Mist the tag with Aquamarine and Meadow Green, then wipe off the resist pattern with a paper towel. Let dry. Mist the Color Me border, label, butterfly, and small tag with Aquamarine. Mist one butterfly with Meadow Green. Let pieces dry. Write or computer print “family” on the small tag. Cut 1 3/4" off one end of the label and add year to it.
- Add the border to the left edge of the misted watercolor sheet trimming edges evenly. Use the clear tape to add the paper to the inside front cover, then add the canvas tag. Mat photos with the misted double-sided cardstock and/or white cardstock and glue to the page. Foam tape the label and butterflies as shown. Add the tag near top photo. Zot light blue satin bow near bottom of the canvas tag. Zot knotted ribbon near small tag. Add border stickers as shown.
- Mist the music resist canvas sheet with Meadow Green and Patina and let dry. Add to the inside back cover with Ultra Clear Tape, leaving upper right corner loose for now. Mat photo on remaining misted double-sided cardstock and white cardstock as shown. Mist the Color Me butterfly tag with Patina and Meadow Green, then let dry. Place the tag on your cutting mat and use your knife to cut around the swirls on the tag. Place the matted photo so the lower left corner is tucked inside the cut area of the tag, then use Ultra Clear Tape to add to the music canvas sheet.
- Write or computer print names on remaining portion of the label and foam tape to right side of the page as shown. Mist one large and one small butterfly with Meadow Green and let dry. Add remaining misted border to bottom of tag, trimming to fit. Foam tape butterflies in place as shown. Wrap knotted ribbon around top right corner of photo and music canvas sheet. Tuck in the ends and secure with Ultra Clear Tape. Zot knotted ribbon near bottom of label. Add border stickers as shown.
- Add more pages as desired, then secure pages and covers together with rings. Tie rings with ribbons as shown.
Click to view large image