- Card front: Place the card with the fold on the left and cover the front with dark blue cardstock. Cut 4¾"x6¼" purple striped paper, ink the edges with Seedless Preserves, and glue centered on the front.
- Cut 4¾"x2½" blue circles border paper and ink the edges with Seedless Preserves. Mat the top edge on purple cardstock with a 1/16" border. Punch a 6" border in purple cardstock and trim to 4¾"x¾". Glue to the bottom edge as a ¼" mat. Cut two 6" navy ribbons and glue across the blue paper, crossed near the top right side. Glue the ends to the back, then glue the paper to the card, 1⅛" from the bottom.
- Cut out the blue cardstock label and stamp “chicken soup wishes” on it in Black. Glue to the front as shown. Swipe the Seedless Preserves ink pad across all of the birds’ bodies to completely color them, then also ink the edges. Let dry. Color the two wings and the swirls with Shaded Lilac and let dry. Cover the swirls and wings with lacquer and let dry completely.
- Glue a swirl above and one below the sentiment. Glue a wing to each sitting bird, then glue the birds as shown. Make a 4-loop bow and tie with thread. Glue the bow to the crossed ribbons as shown, then glue a button to the center. Knot two threads together, trim the ends, and glue to the button. Dot an eye on each bird with the pen.
- Card inside: Cut 4¼"x6½" blue border paper with the border on the right. Mat the left edge on purple cardstock with a 1/16" border. Punch a 7" border in purple cardstock, then trim to ¾"x6½" and glue as a ¼" mat along the right edge. Glue the paper centered on the inside.
- Stamp “REST REST REST…” with Black on purple striped paper and trim to 2¾"x1⅝". Mat on dark blue cardstock with 1/16" borders, then on purple cardstock with ⅛" borders. Glue centered on the inside. Loop a 2½" navy ribbon and glue to the sentiment on the top left. Glue a button to the ribbon, then tie a thread bow and glue to the button. Cover the flying bird with lacquer, let dry, then glue to the sentiment at the lower right.