Designer Tip: When heat embossing the ends of the album posts, hold the post with tweezers to keep from burning your fingers. Because the post will stay hot, allow extra cooling time by placing the post hole onto a stick pin.
- Remove the posts and inner sleeves from the album and set aside. Ink the spine, edges, and ½” into the front and back panels of the album with StazOn® ink pad. Set aside to dry. Use VersaMark™ to ink the ends of the posts, and dust with gold embossing powder. Tap off the excess and set with the heat gun. Set aside to cool.
- Stamp the pocket watch several times, at opposite angles, on the left side of 6”x6” Hunkydory black medallion paper, saving the gold foil border for Step
- Dust with embossing powder and heat set. Mat the piece on Hunkydory ivory floral paper, and then on black suede paper, both with 1/16" borders. Glue a length of ¾” black crepe 1” from the bottom, and glue the ends to the back. Glue the piece centered on the front panel of your album.
- Mat 3¼”x5 5/8” Hunkydory green leaf paper on black suede paper with 1/16" borders, keeping the gold leaves on the top right corner. Glue the piece 3/8” from the right side of the album. Glue 2¾”x2” gold foil border paper (saved from Step 2) ¼” from the bottom of the leaf paper.
- Stamp and emboss the pocket watch on Hunkydory green leaf paper and cut out around the stamped image. Mat on black suede with a 1/16" border and foam tape on the gold border paper at an angle, as shown.
- Mat ¾”x6” gold paper border on ivory floral paper, and then on black suede, both with 1/16" borders. Place centered over the post-holes in the album and punch the holes. Glue in place on the post-hole panel, aligning the holes. Re-insert the posts though the album, with the sleeves on the inside, and attach the screws on the back.
- Tie a bow of crepe and Zot™ on the left of the ribbon strip. Use black and tan twine to tie three chest keys beneath the bow, and tie two keys on the top of the matted pocket watch with black twine. Zot™ the key in place as shown. Tie a black and tan twine bow around the top of the watch.