- For the card front: Open the card and trim 1" off the opening front edge. Close the card and turn with the fold on the left. Cover the front with black cardstock. Cut 3¾"x6¼" lime/blue squares paper and glue centered on the front. Cut 3¾"x2⅛" black squares paper and mat the long edges on black cardstock with 1/32" borders. Glue centered on the front.
- Cover a 3"x1½" chipboard with large blue squares paper and sand the edges. Stamp “happy birthday” in the center and a candle on the left. Stamp the candle again on lime paper and on yellow paper. Cut the candle from the lime paper and the flame from the yellow paper and glue both over the candle on the chipboard.
- Fold a 2" green ribbon and glue the ends to the chipboard back upper edge, extending above the candle. Glue the chipboard to the black squares paper, extending ⅛" off the left edge. Cut out the dragonfly, snail, and frog squares. Foam tape the frog and glue the other two, extending off the right edge as shown.
- For the inside: Cut 2⅛"x6¼" large blue squares paper and mat on black cardstock with ⅛" borders. Glue along the right edge. Cut 3½"x2½" lime squares and stamp “celebrate” on it. Mat on black cardstock with 1/16" borders. Fold the folder tab on the score mark and unfold. Stamp “it's your day” on small blue squares paper and glue centered behind the tab window.
- Fold the tab, wrap over the sentiment edge at the upper left, and glue. Punch the holes, then insert three green mini brads. Glue the sentiment next to the fold, 1½" from the bottom. Cut out the bee, ladybug, and butterfly art and glue as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- July 2006 Personal Shopper Kit (link)
- Birthday Greetings stamp set (link)
- StazOn® Jet Black ink pad (link)
- ⅛" hole punch (link)
- Acrylic Stamping Blocks (link)
- Sanding block (link) (or an emery board)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & matching envelope (link)