- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left and cover with black cardstock. Cut 4¾"x6¼" blue squares paper and glue centered on the front. Punch seven 5½" long zigzag borders, four from blue small squares paper and three from lime small squares paper. Trim each to ¾" wide. Punch another 5½" border from lime small squares paper and trim to 1" wide. Turn and punch the opposite side.
- Cut 5"x3⅛" black cardstock and use clear tape along the bottom edges to secure the first seven borders to it, beginning at the upper edge with a blue border. Glue the double-punched border along the lower edge, then trim the piece to 4¾" wide. Fold a black folder tab on the score line and unfold. Stamp “so many candles…so little cake” on blue paper, trim to fit behind the tab window and glue.
- Wrap the folder tab over the upper left edge of the zigzag piece and glue. Punch the holes and insert green mini brads. Wrap black twill across the zigzag piece, ⅞" from the bottom, and glue the ends to the back. Tie a 3" twill length to the first twill piece, 1½" from the left edge, and fray the ends. Glue the zigzag piece to the card, ⅝" from the bottom.
- Cover a 3"x1½" chipboard with blue paper and sand the edges. Punch a 4"x⅝" border in lime squares paper, cut in half and glue one across each end of the chipboard. Trim the excess. Place a Dazzles™ greeting in the center. Cut two ⅛"x2" strips from the edge of the Dazzles™ background and place on the chipboard as shown. Trim the excess, then foam tape the greeting to the front.
- For the inside: Punch six 4½" long borders, three from lime squares and three from small blue squares, and trim to ¾" wide. Cut 4"x4¾" black squares paper and glue the borders across it, alternating the colors and covering the lower half. Trim the excess, then mat the paper on black cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue centered on the inside.
- Cover 2"x2" chipboard with blue paper and sand the edges. Stamp “the more candles…” in the center. Cut two 2"x⅛" Dazzles™ strips and place near the sentiment’s upper and lower edges. Tie a 3" blue ribbon onto a diamond clip and fray the ends. Attach the clip to the chipboard at the upper left corner, securing the back with double-stick tape. Glue the sentiment as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- July 2006 Personal Shopper Kit (link)
- Happy Birthday Greetings Dazzles™ Black Glitter (link)
- Birthday Greetings stamp set (link)
- Knock-Outs Border punch set (link)
- StazOn® Jet Black ink pad (link)
- ⅛" hole punch (link)
- Acrylic Stamping Blocks (link)
- Sanding block (link) (link)
- Clear tape
- ½" Ultra Clear tape (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & matching envelope (link)