- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left and cover the front with black cardstock. and 7"x4" white paper. Cut five ¾" wide sections of pink/yellow striped paper with the paper turned so the stripes are diagonal on the sections. Turn the paper the opposite direction and cut five more ¾" wide sections on the opposite diagonal.
- Cut all the strips to 4" long, then glue them to the white paper, alternating the angle of the stripes to create chevron patterns. Cut a ½"x7" strip from one edge and set aside. Cut the remainder to 4¾"x2¾". Mat the long edges on blue textured paper with ¼" wide borders, then trim the mats with the scallop-edged scissors.
- Cut 4¾"x6¼" yellow suns paper and glue the chevron piece ⅛" from the bottom. Stamp “thinking of you” on the plastic square, then thread two 8" twine lengths through the upper holes and two through the lower holes. Glue the greeting to the yellow paper as shown, then wrap the twine ends to the back and tape to secure. Glue the paper centered on the front.
- Assemble three 1"-2¼" Dazzles™ butterflies on yellow paper, cut around the edges, and glue as shown. Make a twine bow with six loops and tie the center with another twine length. Glue to the greeting at the lower right and place a small sparklet in the center.
- For the inside: Cut 4"x5½"yellow suns paper and mat on black cardstock with 1/16" borders. Stamp “sending happy thoughts” 1⅝" from the top, then glue to the inside near the fold. Mat the long edges of the ½"x7" chevron strip from step 2 on black cardstock with 1/32" borders, then glue next to the fold.
- Cut out the “sunshine” and pink postage stamp art and mat each on black cardstock with 1/32" borders. Glue angled and overlapped below the sentiment. Assemble two 1"-1½" Dazzles™ butterflies on yellow paper, cut out, and glue as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- July 2006 Personal Shopper Kit (link)
- White paper
- Mix 'Ems Butterfly Dazzles™ (link)
- Heartfelt Greetings stamp set (link)
- Crimson Sparklets (link)
- Pink Baker’s Twine (link)
- StazOn® Jet Black ink pad (link)
- Acrylic Stamping Blocks (link)
- Scallop-edged scissors (link)
- Clear tape
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & matching envelope (link)