- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top and cover the front with dark green paper, gluing just the right half in place. Cut 6¼"x4¾" green/yellow striped paper and glue centered on the green. Cut 4½"x4" yellow plaid paper and mat on dark green paper with 1/16" borders, then glue to the front, ¼" from the left and bottom edges.
- Place a doily on the front so it extends 4¼" in from the left edge and 4¾" up from the bottom. Glue to the front and wrap the edges to the back. Place 3" and 2½" Washi tape horizontally near the upper doily edge, wrapping ½" of each to the back. For the bottom, begin 2¼" from the left edge and place vertically in this order: 2", 2¾", 2½", 1¾", and 1¼", wrapping ½" ends to the back. Glue the left half of the paper to the card base.
- Assemble the cake papier tole piece, following package directions and placing foam tape between the layers. Glue to the doily. Stamp “surprise” on yellow paper and cut to fit behind the silver frame. Glue to the frame, then attach a 3½" green ribbon to the right end. Glue at the lower right.
- For the inside: Cut yellow plaid paper to cover the inside. Place a doily at the center top, extending 4¼" down the paper. Glue, then wrap the upper edge to the back. Stamp the sentiments as shown. Place 2½" and 2" washi tape vertically near the upper left corner, wrapping ½" ends to the back. Place 3", 2¾", and 2⅛" tape horizontally at the lower right, wrapping ½" ends to the back. Glue the paper to the inside. Assemble the papier tole banner with foam tape and glue as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- July 2006 Personal Shopper Kit (link)
- Birthday Greetings stamp set (link)
- Celebration Papier Tole die cuts (link)
- 6" round white paper doilies (link)
- Yellow Washi tape (link)
- StazOn® Timber Brown ink pad (link)
- Acrylic Stamping Blocks (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & matching envelope (link)