- Card front: Place the card with the fold on the left and cover the front with red cardstock. Cut 4¾"x6¼" yellow floral paper and glue centered on the front. Cut 6¼"x2¾" aqua floral paper and glue to the yellow paper, ⅞" from the top. Cut 2"x5⅝" aqua striped paper and glue ½" from the left edge.
- Stamp “birthday wishes” on the aqua paper at the upper right. Punch out the cupcake and butterfly die-cuts and trim off the nibs. Cut 6½" of the border and glue to cover the left edge of the striped paper. Wrap rick rack across the cup, just under the cake, and glue the ends to the back. Knot a 3" rick rack and glue to the first, ½" from the left edge.
- Foam tape the cupcake to the front as shown. Bend the butterfly’s wings up slightly, then attach to the front with foam tape under each wing. Squeeze lacquer on the cherry, cupcake decorations, and butterfly body and let dry completely.
- Card inside: Cut 5"x5½" red cardstock and glue centered on the inside. Remove the red frame and trim off the nibs. Cut a 3⅜" square yellow floral paper and glue behind the frame center. Stamp “happy birthday” and “may your layers…” in the center.
- Mat the frame on black cardstock, then on aqua floral paper, both with 1/32" borders. Glue centered on the red cardstock. Squeeze lacquer on each button and let dry completely before closing the card.