- Card front: Open the card and turn horizontally. Score it 3¼" and 6½" from the left end. Fold the 3½" score in a mountain fold and the 6½" score in a valley fold. Trim off the excess from the third panel along the right side. Cut black cardstock to cover the front. Cut 3⅛"x6⅜" pink diamonds paper and glue centered on the cardstock.
- Wrap black polka dot ribbon ¾" from the bottom and glue the ends to the back. Glue the constructed front to the first panel. Punch out the inner frame die-cut and remove the nibs. Stamp “it’s nice to have a friend to grow old with” near the top, then foam tape to the upper front.
- Punch out a red swirl, red rose, tan button, and the pink and red ½" flower die-cuts and remove the nibs. Glue the swirl along the greeting bottom and foam tape the rose on the left end. Glue a small flower on each side of the rose. Thread 2" of rick rack onto the button, trim the ends, and foam tape to the ribbon near the right edge.
- Card inside: Cut 3¼"x6½" black cardstock and glue to the center panel. Cut 3⅛"x6⅜" aqua striped paper and glue centered on the black. Cut 2¾"x1½" yellow floral paper and mat on black cardstock with 1/32" borders. Glue to the center panel, 2¼" from the bottom. Punch out the striped banner and aqua heart die-cuts and remove the nibs. Stamp “you go first” on the banner, then glue both die-cuts as shown.
- Cut 3¼"x6½" black cardstock and 3⅛"x6⅜" cream/pink floral paper and glue the paper centered on the cardstock. Wrap black polka dot ribbon across the paper, 1⅜" from the top and glue the ends to the back. Glue to the third panel.
- Punch out the pink label, green heart, pink button, and ½" blue flower die-cuts and remove the nibs. Stamp “happy birthday” on the label, then glue to the third panel 1⅛" from the bottom. Glue the flower and heart die-cuts to the label as shown. Thread the button with rick rack as for the front and foam tape to the black ribbon near the right edge.