Technique: For the post cards, I painted Distress inks on the images with a paintbrush. First, press the ink pad onto the craft sheet a couple times to transfer some ink. Spritz water onto the ink once, then mix the water and ink together. Pick up the mixture with the paintbrush and paint it onto the postcard. It dries quickly, so you can use the postcard immediately on your card.
- Card front: Place the card with the fold on top and cover the front with cardstock. Cut 6¼"x4¾" red dotted paper and glue centered on the front. Cut out a flower postcard from the Color Me™ paper.
- Follow the directions above to paint the flowers with Festive Berries, leaves with Crushed Olive, and stems with Gathered Twigs. Paint the butterfly with Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, and Peacock Feathers. Paint the “post card” emblem and the stamp with Gathered Twigs and Festive Berries.
- Glue the postcard to the front, angled as shown. Cut 1¼"x6½" aqua floral paper and draw lines and dots along the long edges. Mat the right edge on cardstock with a 1/16" border. Die cut a loopy border from cardstock and glue as a mat behind the left side of the aqua strip.
- Wrap polka dot ribbon and rick rack across the strip as shown and glue the ends to the back. Glue the constructed border vertically, ⅜" from the right edge. Die cut the 2¾"x2" label from aqua floral paper and mat on cardstock with 1/32" borders. Stamp “you are one of a kind” with Black, then draw dots and lines around the edges.
- Insert a gingham brad in the label’s right end. Fold a 3½" polka dot ribbon into a loop with a tail behind it and glue to secure. Glue behind the right end of the label, then foam tape the label to the front as shown.
- Card inside: Cut 4"x5" red dotted paper and mat the 5" sides on cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue to the inside along the right edge. Cut out a Color Me™ butterfly post card and paint the butterfly with Festive Berries, Gathered Twigs, and Crushed Olive. Paint the stamp with Festive Berries and Gathered Twigs, then paint the border and corners with Festive Berries.
- Glue the postcard to the inside, angled as shown. Cut ⅞"x5" aqua floral paper and draw dots and lines along the right edge. Glue to the inside, ⅝" from the right edge. Die cut a loopy border from cardstock, then trim to ⅞"x5" and glue over the aqua strip as shown.
- Die cut a 2¼"x1⅜" sign label from cardstock and back the center with aqua floral paper. Stamp “my kind” in the center, then thread polka dot ribbon through the hole at the top. Insert a gingham brad in the hole, flatten the prongs, and glue the label as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- March 2012 Personal Shopper for Scrapbookers Kit (link)
- Color Me™ Ebony Nostalgia Sampler Pack (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & envelope (link)
- Black cardstock (link)
- Heart to Heart stamp set (link)
- Label It Kit of cutting dies (link)
- Edge It Kit of cutting dies (link)
- StazOn® Jet Black ink pad (link)
- Distress ink pads: Festive Berries (link), Gathered Twigs (link), Crushed Olive (link), Seedless Preserves (link), Picked Raspberry (link), Peacock Feathers (link)
- Black pen (link)
- Die cutting machine (link)
- Acrylic stamping block (link)
- Spritzer bottle (link), water
- Craft Sheet (link)
- Adhesive (link)