- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top. Cut 6¼"x4¾" tan linen border paper with the border along the bottom and glue centered on the front, leaving the right end unglued. Trim one manila tag to 3¾" long and set the excess aside. Cut 1½"x2¾" green plaid paper and mat the right long edge on striped linen paper with a 3/16" border. Glue to the left end of the tag and trim the excess along the sides.
- Stamp “there is no…” with toffee ink on the tag’s right end. Wrap cream fiber across the green section as shown and glue the ends to the back. Insert 7" blue twill through the tag hole, then foam tape the tag to the front, aligning the left end with the left paper edge. Glue the twill ends under the right paper edge, then glue the paper to the card to secure.
- Stamp a small heart with brown ink on a turn mount. When dry, thread it onto cream fiber and tie the fiber to the twill near the tag hole. Tie 2" cream fiber onto the fiber wrapped over the tag’s left end. Cut cross-stitch Dazzles™ to fit the tag and place as shown. Place three small Dazzles™ buttons near the knot, then glue knotted thread to the buttons. Punch blue and purple butterflies. Glue as shown, stacking two together each time.
- For the inside: Cut 4¾"x3" blue plaid paper and mat on tan linen paper with ⅛" borders. Glue to the inside, aligning the right edges. Use the pattern to cut two corners off the piece trimmed from the tag in step
- Cover the tag with tan linen paper. Cut ⅝"x1½" striped linen paper and glue across the trimmed end, then trim the corners to match the tag. Stamp “you can lean on me” with toffee and punch a hole in the end. Insert a silver brad through the hole, then wrap a 7" cream fiber around the brad. Glue the tag 1¼" from the right edge.
- Cut 1⅞"x5" striped linen paper and mat the right long edge on tan linen paper with a ¼" border. Glue just the right edge in place, aligning the left edge with the left card edge. Glue the fiber ends under the left edge, then glue the paper to the card. Place an open Dazzles™ button on green plaid and cut out. Glue it and place two small buttons as shown. Glue knotted thread to one button and a thread bow to a second as shown. Punch a purple and a blue butterfly and glue as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- June 2006 Personal Shopper kit (link)
- Buttons Dazzles™ Silver Pearl (link)
- Heartfelt Greetings stamp set (link)
- Ivory embroidery thread
- Toffee Fluid Chalk ink pad (link)
- StazOn® Timber Brown ink pad (link)
- Butterfly Geared punch (link)
- ⅛" hole punch (link)
- Acrylic Stamping Blocks (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Craft glue (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & matching envelope (link)