- Card front: Place the card with the fold ontop. Cut yellow border paper to cover the front, trimming the striped section of border to 1⅝" wide. Glue yellow grosgrain ribbon over the border, just inside the black strip, and glue the ends to the back. Glue the paper to the front.
- Cut 4½"x3½" lime dotted paper and mat on black cardstock with 1/16" borders. Die cut “happy” and “birthday” from black cardstock and glue angled across the lime paper. Foam tape the greeting to the front, ½" from the right edge.
- Make a 4-loop bow with yellow grosgrain ribbon and tie the center with thread. Glue to the greeting’s top left corner. Thread a large orange button and glue to the bow center. Glue a large green button below the bow center and a small yellow button overlapping its upper right edge.
- Thread a small orange button, then glue it and a large yellow button at the lower right, tucking the large button under the greeting edge. Tie two thread bows and glue to buttons as shown, then knot two threads together and glue to the last button.
- Card inside: Cut 5¼"x4¼" yellow border paper, trimming the striped section to 1⅜" wide. Mat on black cardstock with 1/16" borders, then glue centered on the inside. Stamp “celebrate” near the center. Die cut the swirl from lime dotted paper and glue below the sentiment.
- Thread a small green button and glue it and a large orange button to the border at the right. Glue a small orange button as shown. Tie and glue a thread bow to the large button and knot two threads and glue to the small orange button.