- For the book front: Cut out the yellow/striped label and stamp “for someone special” on it. Mat on black cardstock with 1/32" borders, then use tape to attach to the front near the top. Cut out a pink paper ribbon and glue across the front, ¼" from the bottom. Place a green blossom on the label at the upper left and three black dotted star stickers on the ribbon as shown.
- For the inside front and the first page: Cut out a circles square paper and glue to the inside front. Cut a pink square paper and turn with the ribbon along the bottom. Stamp “it’s nice to have…” as shown, then cut a striped pennant off the edger and place at the upper right. Glue the paper to the page.
- Die cut a 1" pink paper circle and 1¾" scalloped yellow paper circle. Stamp “surprise” on the pink circle, then attach to a black bottle cap with tape. Attach the cap to the yellow circle. Cut a 2" green stix, flatten it, and glue as a stem to the flower. Glue the flower as shown.
- For the second page: Cut out the striped square paper and a 3¼" length of scalloped edger. Place the edger ⅝" from the top. Cut out a blue/green tag and stamp “you go first” on it, one word at a time. Glue the tag, then insert the brads as shown. Glue the paper to the page.
- For the third page: Cut out a blue dotted square paper and a green paper ribbon. Glue the ribbon vertically, ½" from the right edge, then glue the paper to the page. Die cut a 2" yellow scalloped paper circle and a 2⅜" black scalloped cardstock circle.
- Stamp “count your life…” in the yellow circle, glue it to the black circle, then glue to the page at the lower left. Trim a striped pennant from the edger and place as shown. Cut a 3⅛" green stripe stix and use tape to secure as shown. Place a blue star on the pennant.
- For the fourth page: Cut out a blue dotted square paper and 3⅜"x1" bright striped border. Glue the border horizontally, ⅜" from the bottom. Die cut a yellow and a black scalloped circle as in step 5, then stamp “count your age…” in the yellow circle. Stack and glue, then insert a blue arrow brad at the lower right. Glue to the page, then place a black heart above the sentiment.
- For the fifth page: Cut out a green dotted square paper and stamp “party hearty” in the lower right corner. Die cut two 1¾" scalloped yellow paper circles. Attach a bottle cap to each with tape, then place a green blossom in each cap. Cut a 2½" and 1½" blue stripe stix and flatten both. Glue as stems on the flowers, then glue to the page. Cut two ½" green chevron stix at angles, flatten, and glue as leaves as shown. Glue the paper to the page.
- For the sixth page: Cut out a yellow border square paper and turn with the border on the left. Cut out the yellow/striped label and turn to stamp “so many candles…” diagonally. Glue to the yellow paper and insert two brads as shown. Glue to the page. Cut a 3-pennant section and place across the page top, then place a green dotted star on each pennant.
- For the seventh page: Cut out a yellow border square paper and glue to the page with the border on the right. Die cut a 2" purple scalloped paper circle and a 2⅜" black scalloped cardstock circle. Stamp “the more candles…” on the purple circle and glue to the black circle. Glue to the page as shown. Trim a pennant and place at the upper left, then place a blue dotted flower on the pennant.
- For the eighth page: Cut out a green dotted square paper and a blue and a pink paper ribbon. Stamp “happy” on the pink ribbon and “birthday” on the blue ribbon, then glue to the paper as shown. Cut out the blue/green tag and stamp the candle on it, then attach to the paper with a brown mini brad.
- Stamp the candle on blue paper ribbon and again on yellow paper. Cut out a blue candle and a yellow flame. Glue to the stamped candle on the tag, aligning the edges, then glue the paper to the page.
- For the inside back: Cut out a circles square and glue to the inside back. Cut 2¼"x2" yellow paper and stamp “may your layers…” on it. Mat on black cardstock with 1/16" borders, then on purple paper with ⅛" borders. Glue to the lower right corner.
- Die cut a 1¾" scalloped circle from green dotted paper and glue to the upper left corner, trimming along the upper edge so the entire sentiment shows. Attach a green bottle cap to the center, then place a green blossom in the cap. Close the book and wrap with the attached elastic, positioning the charm to overlap the greeting at the lower right.