- For the card front: Place the card with the fold on the left. Bring the right front edge back to the left edge and crease, creating an S-fold card. Cut burgundy plaid paper to cover the first panel and chalk the edges with black chalk. Cut 2¾"x2¾" gray plaid paper and chalk the edges black. Mat on burgundy paper with 1/16" borders, then on black cardstock with ⅛" borders.
- Cut out the “father” vellum and ink the edges black and “father” burgundy. Use vellum adhesive to glue to the gray plaid square, then glue the square to the burgundy plaid paper, ¾" from the left edge and 1¼" from the top. Place narrow Washi tape and burgundy ribbon vertically on the paper, overlapping the gray square edge and wrapping the ends to the back. Cut two 2" black cords and insert into lacing brads, then insert the brads through the burgundy ribbon and secure at the back. Glue the paper to the front.
- For the inside: Cut 2½"x6½" gray plaid paper and chalk the edges black. Glue to the second panel. Cut gray striped border paper to fit the inside back and chalk the edges black. Place narrow Washi tape overlapping the black ribbon and wrap the ends to the back. Cut one section of the filmstrip overlay and stamp “the more candles…” and a candle on it. Glue to the gray paper as shown.
- Cut two ¾"-1" Washi tape pieces and tuck behind the upper left overlay edge. Insert a 1½" cord into a lacing brad, then insert the brad as shown. Stamp “happy birthday” at the lower left, then glue the paper to the inside back. Cut out the vellum pocket watch and glue behind the 1⅛" brass frame. Glue the watch at the lower right, then knot a 1½" cord and glue to the watch stem.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- March 2006 Personal Shopper Kit (link)
- Birthday Greetings stamp set (link)
- Red Washi tape (link)
- Metallic Cream Chalk set (link)
- StazOn® Jet Black ink pad (link)
- Acrylic Stamping Blocks (link)
- Vellum adhesive (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & matching envelope (link)