Designer Tip: I like to construct the front of my card on the background paper, then glue it onto the card base. That's how I constructed this card because of the balloon brads being inserted near the focal. However, if you'd rather glue the paper on before constructing the front, you can do that by cutting the prongs off the balloon brads then attaching them to the design with double-sided tape. Your choice!
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the left. Cut blue/red border paper to cover the front, with the red border on the left and cutting it to 1½" wide. Cut 3"x2½" white cardstock and mat it on red paper with 1/16" borders, then on black paper with 1/32" borders. Cut out the “#1 kid”, “fun”, and “wild & crazy” vinyl pieces. Glue to the white cardstock and stamp “surprise” as shown.
- Punch holes in the focal as shown and insert black mini brads. Glue to the red/blue paper. Add a striped and a plaid rub-on to red balloon brads, then insert in the paper along with a plain balloon brad as shown. Glue the constructed front to the card.
- Draw bows and curling strings dangling from each balloon. Cut out “super star” vinyl and foam tape to the lower right. Knot a 3" red ribbon, trim the ends, and use tape to attach as shown
- For the inside: Cut 4½"x6" blue textured paper and 4½"x¾" red stitched paper. Glue the red paper across the blue paper, ½" from the bottom, then glue it centered on the inside. Cut 3¾"x3¾" red dotted paper and mat on black cardstock with 1/16" borders. Stamp “happy birthday” near the top, then wrap and tie red ribbon across the paper under the sentiment.
- Cut out the vinyl pieces shown, then arrange below the ribbon and glue. Punch holes in the bike wheel centers and insert blue mini brads. Insert a blue swirl brad over the ribbon knot. Glue the constructed sentiment as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- June 2007 Personal Shopper Kit (link)
- Birthday Greetings stamp set (link)
- StazOn® Jet Black ink pad (link)
- Crop-A-Dile (link)
- Black pen (link)
- Acrylic Stamping Blocks (link)
- ¼" Ultra Clear tape (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & matching envelope (link)