Designer Tip: For the jewels on the butterflies, I placed the large swirls first then laid the ribbon over the top to see which jewels would be hidden by ribbon. I then cut jewels I needed for the butterflies from the “hidden” sections of the swirls before gluing the ribbon in place. This way, the overall swirl shapes weren’t compromised and the butterflies got a touch of style!
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top. Cut brown cardstock to cover the front then cut 6¼"x4¾" paisley paper and glue it centered on the cardstock. Cut 5"x3¾" brown suede paper and glue centered on the paisley paper.
- Cut 4¼" from one end of the jewel swirl and place diagonally on the suede paper, beginning at the upper left. Cut a 7" mesh ribbon and wrap thread 3" from one end, then tie a thread bow. See the tip above to cut off two large and a strip of four tiny jewels for the butterflies. Glue the ribbon as shown, gluing the ends to the back. Glue the constructed front to the card.
- Place the 4-jewel strip from step 2 on a wood butterfly’s body, then attach it to the bow with tape. Apply the “good times” rub-on to the square plastic Start-Up. Insert a copper brad in the top, then attach to the lower right with tape. Attach two small paper butterflies with tape and place a jewel on each as shown.
- For the inside: Cover the inside with brown/blue striped paper. Cut 5"x3½" tan textured paper and mat on brown cardstock with ⅛" borders. Stamp “happy birthday to you” at the upper left and place the remaining swirl extending from the upper right to the lower left.
- Tie a 5½" mesh ribbon 2½" from one end with thread as before. Cut three jewels as before, then glue the ribbon in place. Glue the paper centered on the inside. Glue three paper butterflies as shown, then place a jewel on each butterfly.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- June 2007 Personal Shopper Kit (link)
- Suede Paper: Moka (link)
- Birthday Greetings stamp set (link)
- Almanac Flutterbits (link)
- Songbird Pearls & Crystals Swirl (link)
- Mini Wood Butterflies (link)
- StazOn® Timber Brown ink pad (link)
- Acrylic Stamping Blocks (link)
- White embroidery thread
- ¼" Ultra Clear tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & matching envelope (link)