Designer Tip: Use scrap paper to cover the edges and surrounding area of all 4 sides of the stencil to protect the background paper from overspray.
- Place the card fold on the side. Cover the card with striped paper. Cut a 5” x 5 3/8” piece of paper from the ivory border paper. Place the rose stencil at the center of the paper and mask off area around edge of stencil and the stem and leaves. Mist the rose blossom with Red Velvet Glimmer Mist.
- Uncover the stem and leaves portion of the stencil only and cover the rose blossom with paper. Remove masking paper and stencil. Clean stencil with water and paper towel while mist is still wet. Lightly mist the entire paper and image with red mist. Let the rose image dry.
- Inside: Place the rose image at the center of the card inside back. Mast off the surrounding area and mist the blossom red. Uncover the stem/leaves and cover the blossom. Mist the stem/leaves green. Remove stencil. Give the inside of the card a light mist with red. Let dry and place “Birthday” Dazzles over the stem/leaves.
- Place the heart flourish on craft paper cardstock, mask off remaining paper and mist red. Remove stencil, pat dry and place on another area of the cardstock. Mask off area and mist for a second image. Let images dry and then cut out around the images.
- Mat the top and bottom of the misted rose paper with brown cardstock, leaving a 1/8” border. Glue to the card center. Glue the rose flourish cut-outs to the top and bottom edges. Place the “Happy” Dazzles over the stem. Punch 1/8” holes on the card fold, 1 1/2” from each end of the card. Thread with black/tan check ribbon and tie a bow at the fold.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- 5”x 6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Large Rose Stencil (link)
- Heart Flourish Stencil (link)
- Vintage Roses Paper Pack (link)
- Vintage Roses Ribbons (link)
- Happy Birthday Greetings Dazzles, Black Glitter (link)
- Glimmer Mist: Red Velvet (link) and Leapfrog (link)
- brown and craft paper cardstocks (link)
- 1/8” wide hole punch (link)