- Basic instructions for Zentangle using a template: Trace the template shape onto your paper with the black pen or a pencil. Draw a “string” with the pencil as a guide line (such as a zigzag, loop, an X, or a swirl, or divide it into sections. Use a black pen to draw a tangle pattern in each section formed by the “string”. When you cross a line, change the pattern. It is OK to leave some sections blank.
- If you make a mistake, you can fill in that area with the black pen.
- You don’t have to erase the “strings”, they can become part of the design.
- With the little purse still flat, cover the curved flap with yellow/pink/lime patterned paper, trimming edges evenly. Ink edges black. Cover the handle with bright pink paper, trimming excess evenly with your knife. Glue a ¼” wide strip of the yellow/pink/lime/ paper even with the bottom of the front of the purse, trimming sides evenly. Use a pencil to divide the pink handle into sections, then draw tangles in each section with the black pen. Assemble the purse.
- Cut a 3 ½” x ¾” lime rectangle and divide into sections with the pencil. Use the black pen to draw tangles in each section. Ink the edges and glue across the front of the purse, leaving a 1/8” yellow paper border across the bottom. Trim sides evenly.
- Use the template to trace a medium rose on light pink textured paper. Cut out the shape, then cut along the spiral. Divide the pink spiral into sections with the pencil, then draw tangles in each section with the black pen. Attach the petal roller to the outer edge of the spiral with the slit (or roll your spiral around a small paint brush handle) so the colored side will be on the inside of the roll. Keep bottom edge close together. When finished, pull the petal roller or paint brush handle out. Then pull the center of the spiral (base) beneath the rolled rose and set the rolled rose on your work surface. Let it unroll slightly, until you are happy with the size. Zot the bottom of the spiral to the base to secure it in place. Then roll down the rose’s top edges.
- Use the template to trace a leaf shape on lime paper with the black pen, then cut it out. Draw a tangle on the leaf, then Zot the rolled rose and leaf to the front of the purse flap. Write or computer print “for you” on white cardstock and trim to a small tag shape. Ink edges and glue near rose and leaf. Cut a 3 ½” x 1” wide strip of yellow/pink/lime patterned paper and ink the edges. Glue across the center of the back of the purse. Trim sides evenly.