- To make the gatefold card, lay the card opened flat on a surface. Fold the ends in to meet at the middle.
- For the front: Cut two 2 ¼”x6 ¼” pieces of the yellow gingham paper. Glue one piece centered on each front flap. Cut two 6 ¼”x¾” strips from the red/yellow striped paper, both with stitching on them. Glue one strip to each yellow front flap, positioned as shown.
- Cut out the “make a wish” art and mat it on white cardstock. Glue it to the center of the left flap only to extend over the right flap when the card is closed. Use 6” of ribbon to tie a bow, trim the ends, and glue it to the tag area of the art.
- For the inside: Cut a 6 ¼”x4 ¾” piece of the stripes and glue it centered on the inside back. Cut out the “Happy Birthday to you” tag and mat it on white cardstock. Punch holes in the centers of the eyelets at the top of the tag.
- Knot one end of the remaining ribbon. Thread the ribbon through the four holes and knot the other end as shown. Glue the tag to the stripes, angled left. Cut out the “best wishes” ribbon art, leaving a narrow white edge around it. Add foam tape to the back, then adhere it to the tag as shown.